Open today: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Small and very interesting

Our tour guide for Roswell, Dennis Balthaser, pointed out this Historical Center on our tour with... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
ConnieBuck
Denver, Colorado
Very interesting local history center

Having lived in Roswell for 15 years, very long ago, and then returning for a 50 yr. high school... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
cuestaroble
Mariposa, California

All reviews period pieces personal tour early days great museum donation artifacts donated docent history information
Reviewed 11 December 2015

For those who want a glimpse into what life was like in southeastern New Mexico in the late 19th century, or even if you're curious, it's worth the trip. We happened upon this place during the weekend that they had their holiday open house and it was lovely! It's very nice to see members of the community promoting their history and opening this place to the public.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

The ladies there were so sweet and nice. They were very informative about the home, White family, and the furnishings. My son is a talker and they answered everyone question he had. Loved this, and if I could spend a day there just speaking with and learning from those 2 lovely ladies I would!!

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank Cassie W
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This center is a large house that has remained largely unchanged since it was build over 100 years ago. Its in great condition and has many artifacts inside from its original occupants with extra items brought in later.

We got a great room by room tour from the lady running the place, it was great she was fun and was very helpful.

Worth a look.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Five15
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Visited in early June while they were finishing up the outside painting. I was welcomed in even before I made it to the door, that was followed by a personal tour of the downstairs for 1/2 hr. (there still working on the upstairs) Very nice display of antiques from the early days of Roswell. They also have some great books for sale on Roswell and Chaves county if your interested in that. I'll be visiting here again in Sep. with family and will definitely make this a stop. P.S. Don't miss the archives next door, open MWF 1-4, very helpfull volunteer that went out of his way to help me with my research.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank DavidF4755SW
Reviewed 10 April 2015

This museum is housed in an early Roswell family's home and it is delightful. It covers 2 floors. The period furnishings are lovely and remind some of us of our grandparents and the way they lived. At Christmas time, the museum is all dressed up in its Christmas finery and it's beautiful. There are many interesting exhibits and the gift store has interesting books about Roswell and New Mexico.

Date of experience: December 2014