“Great experience ”

M'tucci's Moderno Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
M'tucci's Moderno Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Price range: USD 11 - USD 35
Description: M'tucci's Moderno Italian Restaurant, the sister restaurant to M'tucci's Italian at Coors and Montano, is located in Rio Rancho near the Rust Medical Center. We provide excellent, delicious food, professional service and a very friendly environment where everyone is welcome. We have a full bar with and extensive craft cocktail and wine menu.
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Went there for the first time the other day and really enjoyed it the staff was very friendly, the food was delicious, and a pleasant atmosphere. We will definitely return

Camanadog1, Owner at M'tucci's Moderno Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I wasn't able to access our reviews for M'tucci's Moderno. Thank you so much for such a positive review. I hope you have been back again and have enjoyed it just as much!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Went to M'tucci's Moderno after a busy day of errands. Have wanted to get over here for some time. Today was the day. So glad we did. My sister in law Ann and I enjoyed our first experience very much. Our waiter Emmitt was very helpful answering questions, explaining menu items, making suggestions. This is especially great as we are small eaters and he mentioned half portions that were available. The food was delicious, very creative and the presentation was wonderful. Italian fare taken to another level especially the apple mostarda on the charcuterie board - absolutely fabulous. A new fine dining gem in Rio Rancho. A step above the other restaurants in town. Hope we can get back soon.

Thank you so much, Diane, for your very kind review. We appreciate it! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I have not been able to access this page to reply, but now I can!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Well done ambiance. Maitre 'd was very knowledgable and welcoming. Server seemed to either be a rookie or not organized. He needs training on how to stay on top of his paying customers. Spouse ordered pasta with marinara which she said was excellent. No Parmesan offered? I ordered a medium flat-iron steak with veggies. Steak came out rare. I don't send meat back cause it never gets any better after that. Mixed veggies were really good. Tried for 10 minutes to get server attention and finally able to flag him down. Spouse asked if meal comes with bread and he said, "no". That's it, just "no". I then asked if a piece of garlic bread could be gotten, but he then said, "I can bring you a bread basket". By that time we had almost gotten thru the meal. Attention server trainer! Tell your servers that looking directly at your customers is key to great service, as the server will know that the people paying for the meal and potentially their tip, are cared for. This will ensure that customer will return. We will give them another chance in the future. I made mistake ordering steak at an Italian restaurant.

Jeff S, Owner at M'tucci's Moderno Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate your feedback so I can fix the issue. I'm surprised that you received such poor service because that is something we usually get compliments on. I really hope that you join us again so we can make it up to you. We appreciate good service just the same as you. It's something we always put focus on in all of our locations and I think that if you give us another try you will see that the service you received was not our usual standard.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My husband and I have eaten many meals at this restaurant and enjoyed all of them but something has changed and not for the good. I ordered the Tortelloni Pomodoro, it arrived as just pasta with a scant amount of a bitter tomato sauce--no Pancetta exactly 2 small shavings of Parmesan. I asked for 2 slices of bread, the waiter informed me I needed to order the bread plate. My husband did not want bread, I only wanted a couple of slices which they charged a dollar for--that's fine guess business isn't that great. We ordered Sorbetto for dessert--you could say it was purple and cold with zero flavor and it was $6.00 each. We will not be back.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't believe you were served food of such poor quality. I really hope that you do decide to join us again. We always tell our staff to push for excellence and to keep to our high standards but there are rare occurrences where something slips through the cracks. It appears that this is what happened to you, and I'm sorry it did. Hopefully you will allow us to make it right.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

My wife had the Bolognese with four types of pork and she thought it was very good. I had the Chipolte Chicken Pasta which had a unique flavor but could have had a bit more moisture as it was lacking sauce. The bread was extra and we received it with an olive oil and basil mixture. The basil was overpowering so I would not recommend it. The staff were attentive and the manager was very nice and since this was our first time eating here he comped us a dessert. We chose the bread pudding with Gelato and it was very tasty and a treat to complete the meal with a glass of 6 Grapes Port Wine. The atmosphere is nicely decorated but the dining room layout is crowded and makes it difficult to maneuver to and from the restroom area. The noise was also louder that we are used too dealing with.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad that you decided to join us. It does get noisy at times due to the amount of people in a smaller space. We can always try and accommodate by putting you in a quieter area if it's available. We can also give you a Tuscan oil instead of our house made basil olive oil. I am happy that you enjoyed your dessert. We hope to see you back soon.