Riverside Lodge & Cabins
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
USD 102*
USD 99*
Agoda.com
Three Bears Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
USD 74*
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
USD 84*
Hotel Ryland(Red River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness centre
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewselectric stovegrocery liquor storenew mexicofull kitchenlodging optionsfront officeopened the doorski chaletworked finedefinitely stay here againlift ticketsin townqueen bedchair liftwe've stayedmany yearsski area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Our family just got back from a wonderful trip to Red River,New Mexico. The town is a perfect, laid back family ski town with the most wonderful towns people. The Riverside Lodge & Cabins is a quaint, cabin like hotel with a small town feel so if you are looking for a 5 star spa like experience it is not for you. If you are looking for amazing hospitality, cozy cabin like feel, easy and economical access to ski slopes, no crazy college partiers, outstanding customer service and beautiful scenery all around you, THIS IS THE PLACE! Yes, the hotel has an 80's kind of pine knot look but you have everything you need and the staff is incredibly helpful and kind and it is an incredibly affordable ski trip for families.

Too give you an idea of the amazing town and hotel hospitality---While we were there, my father was hospitalized with heart issues. My mother needed to get to Taos from Red River as soon as possible. With a storm on the way, we feared driving in the coming weather. With the help of the staff at Rivers side Lodge and the Marshall/Pastor, we arranged for the pastor's wife to drive my mother safely to meet with my father in TAOS. Which she did! It was amazing how everyone helped out in an incredible stressful situation. I was FLOORED by all their kindness. To top it off, the manager at the Riverside Lodge and Cabin, Patty, called when we got back to see how my dad was doing. She and the whole staff were wonderfully kind and genuinely caring.

We will be going back next year for sure!

Tips on rooms: The 2bed/2baths---12,13,14,15 are more than enough room for 4-5.

Room Tip: Tips on rooms: The 2bed/2baths---12,13,14,15 are more than enough room for 4-6. It is a 2 story with all the bedrooms upstairs. Balconies in both bedrooms. Across from playground. Probably better with older kids. We will probably stay there next year just to have a bit more space. The 2 bed/1 bath---3c,4c,5c are what we stayed in and are great for budget travelers. No more than 4 people. Older than the above but still everything you need. Kind of feels like a large studio feel but has 2 bedrooms. 3c is especially private.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed here over Fall Break. I have been to Red River close to 20 times, and stayed at a lot of different places, this was by far the worse! We stayed in the hotel style room, which appeared clean when we got there, the room itself was clean but the bathroom was GROSS!! The ceiling tiles had mold on them, the toilet did not flush very easily, the shower had massive amounts of hair from previous guests in it along with other things I will not go in to. When we noticed the shape of the bathroom the office was already closed. I will not be staying here again! Also we were hoping to enjoy the Hot Tub, however it was out of order, and they failed to mention that to us when we checked in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexinOkie
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I arrived on Thursday August 11, 2011 for 4 days and 3 nights. At 4pm our room was still not ready. The lady at the front desk said she did not have much help. We had a 3 bedroom 2 bath cabin with a kitchen. It was yucky!!! This place looks like it has not been remodeled since 1980. It was gross but we had no other option. We had to ask for towels each day and they do not clean the rooms daily. Our room was only cleaned once in 4 days. We were on motorcycles so we would leave each morning and not return until the late afternoon and there were still no towels. This happened on Friday and Saturday. I should have taken some pictures so you could see how outdated and yucky this property really is....they should be allowing customers to stay for free...GROSS...DIRTY and TERRIBLY OUTDATED!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank misshambrick
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stopped at this small ski town on our way up to Colorado Springs, and the desk staff had gone for the night. When I called, they were just up the street eating dinner and they came right over to book us into a room. I thought that was cool.
The room was okay, very old fashioned and ski-lodge decor. I slept great in the king bed, and it had a separate room with TV. Overall this simple hotel met our expectations for the night and for a low price. It was the definition of 'average' which isn't always a bad thing for a budget stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MySalsa
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed at the Riverside without having a reservation or any prior information about the Lodge. Passing through town on our Harleys, we chose it based purely on the condition and appearance from the street. We were given room 2C, which is an upstairs King suite complete with a full kitchen and a porch, . My spouse and I were impressed the minute we opened the door. It was clean, spacious and charming. We found it blissfully quiet as there are no rented rooms below. Unfortunately, we'd only checked in for that one night and rode to Santa Fe the next day. A day later when we were heading back north, we'd decided that because we'd enjoyed our stay at the Riverside so much that we called and requested the exact same room (2C) for another night before ending our vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple