“Great Tacos and on the River!”
Review of The Hideout

The Hideout
Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Red River
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Great food and on the river, couldn't ask for more. We took our family here and the boys just played by the water until the food was ready. Much easier than sitting in a restaurant. Highly recommended

Reviewed 9 September 2015

The Texan Tacos are my favorite! Also the Local Fries are yummy (fresh cut too!) I can easily say its my favorite place to get food in town. Everyone should give it a try!

1  Thank BRE623
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I had the Texas Taco's for lunch while at the park for an event. Three 'street tacos' with slaw and a very tasty sauce. Very good and very filling.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We heard this was the new "must-eat" in town so we had to check it out. They smoke their own meats each day and they are very popular, so we were told to go earlier rather than later. (Their posted hours are 11-3) We went around 1:30 but they were already sold out of a few meats. I ended up getting a brisket sandwich and chips and my husband got the sausage plate and fries and a peanut butter brownie to share. It took forever to get our food (about 45 mins), but it was understandable because they were busy and its only 3 people working in a tiny trailer. My husband thought the sausages were okay...one he really enjoyed but said the other was just typical smoked sausage. He really liked the sauerkraut and the french fries. (I stole a few and they were DELISH.) My sandwich was good overall. The meat was tender and flavorful but the bun was just a bun. We left and went to ride the ski lift and share our brownie...but it was so stale and hard, we literally couldn't eat it. So even though it looked amazing, just make sure they are super fresh. Ours was a brick and flavorless. We believe in second chances and we will try them again but we will go earlier for a better selection.

TheHideout, Owner at The Hideout, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

We are sorry your experience at The Hideout wasn't a 5 star experience. I am unsure what day you visited our establishment but I am guessing it was Saturday, August 8th. Our BBQ comes off the smoker every morning and is served that day and we only are able to smoke a certain amount of meat due to the size of our establishment. Last Saturday was one of our busiest days for the summer and as such we ran out of a few items. We picked the buns that we use so that we have the right meat to bun ratio. The fancy buns are always too big and we are in an area that doesn't have many choices for fancier small sized buns. We have had a new person making the Brownies and tweaking the recipe. We will get this fixed. We would like to offer you a free meal, ask for Heidi! We take pride in our food that is all homemade including the BBQ Rub and look forward to you giving us a second chance.

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Love, love, love the mouth watering smoked bbq options!! There are also veggie tacos and my kids love the grilled cheese or grilled pb&j. There is something for everyone. Plus the friendly service and atmosphere is perfect down by the river!