American Motor Inn
USD 50
Murray Hotel(Silver City)
USD 129
USD 123
Palace Hotel(Silver City)(Great Value!)
USD 106
  • Breakfast included
Copper Manor Motel(Silver City)
USD 62
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2013

could not find much right with this place, fly strips in the room with loads of flies on, moths & flies dead in the bathroom, sheets looked clean, but slept on our beach towels, bath was dirty as was the toilet, had coffee maker but was dirty, I did clean it in 90 seconds, but did not use, luckily we had instant coffee our own kettle, used water we had in the car as we thought is the water non-potable, guy was trying to do his job though, should have said something, but we had been driving for most of the day, we saw the no refund notice which should have raised alarms, stayed in other places , some offered showing room before we stayed, when they say that you in general know the room will be good, did see the super 8, am surprised it got a lower rating, I know Lordsburg is an old railroad town and must be going through difficulties, but just a little bit of care and attention and this could be quite a good motel, on their billboard said they had clean rooms, but that was not the case , clean sheets & towels maybe, this is meant to be helpful advice to visitors & the owners, could not get Wi-Fi connection and I work in that industry, they were clueless on how to connect so had to use my mobile/cell as I needed to check email, as I am from the UK cost me around £10 or $16 approx

Room Tip: ask to see the room first, and if not good try another place,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nick b
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I am a 75 year old retiree and a seasoned car traveler. I look for value in a motel and can tolerate many motel shortcomings as I carry with me most of the things that motels may lack and I am a sound sleeper.
I booked this motel on-line through Priceline for $29.99 a night ($35.00 after taxes) for Saturday, 22 September2012. The same price you would pay as a walk-in at the desk according to the sign in front.
The motel is worn and used and abandoned in appearance as are the surrounding buildings and the neighborhood in general. It is also across the street from a well used railroad track. Overall the neighborhood appeared safe.
I arrived at 12:30pm and waited a half hour before the manager returned from grocery shopping and unlocked the office door. Check-in went smoothly and pleasantly.
My room, #106, was a king bed non-smoking ground floor drive up. The room and bath were bug and odor free and clean except for the low-boy dresser which appeared not to have been dusted in months.
The room contained a fridge and microwave but no clock; a coffee pot but no coffee; no phone; a hair dryer; 2 unwrapped plastic drinking cups and two small soaps. The large front window was cracked and had been taped top to bottom and side to side.
Although there were cigarette burns in the bedspread the bed and bathroom linen was clean but worn. The bed itself was comfortable as were the three pillows provided.
Lighting was very poor and there were several bulbs missing or burnt out, Not a good place to read or do paper work. All other appliances,including TV, worked.
The bathroom and vanity were clean and there was plenty of hot water and great water pressure.
The pool apparently is no longer in operation and is in very poor and dirty condition.
There is plenty of room for trailer/truck parking.
The adjacent restaurant is closed on Saturdays but there is a Denny's and an Arbys just 1/2 mile down the road.
I checked out out at 4:00am and dropped the key in the drop box.
I don't use WiFi and/or take breakfast so cannot comment.
My next stop is Junction, TX.

Room Tip: Overall a good cheap place to stay if you want a comfortable bed and a good hot shower. The downside is probably the proximity of the railroad tracks; a lack of some amenities some may want and the condition of the neighborhood.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RetiredRidgecrest_CA
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I came to this place via trip advisor. I paid 42 dollars for a room and it did not have a second lock. Stunk and the heater rOared. I asked for mu money back in less than five minutes and he refused. This man is a nut and has nO morals. Also windows were broke on the room next to us. This place was a dump. And it is a lie about the 34.00. TriP advisor should remove this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Mccormicksonja
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I stayed here because it was one of the less expensive places on expedia and we were looking to save money on our cross country roadtrip. I thought it wouldn't be so bad because all we needed was a place to sleep . . . but boy, was I wrong!

First off, they changed my request for a king size bed to a double size bed and when I asked the front desk about it, he said this room was fine and refused to accommodate my request (there were many empty rooms, they placed us in a shabbier separate building).

The main issue though was the line of ants that I found marching across the stained bathroom floor. And when we woke up in the morning, the room was infested with not just ants but cockroaches and many other sort of insects who made a meal of crumbs of our dinner on the table.

I have never in my life stayed at a more disgusting place and for them to charge $50 for it on expedia is ridiculous. Do not stay here if you value your health and those of your loved ones.

It is on that man's karma for lying to us that this room was fine. If this was the best of the lot, I fear to ponder what the worst was?

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank traveler772
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I had to stay overnight here at lordsburg as I was exausted driving whole day. I looked at other frechise hotels and they were damn expensive. Finally, I got a room in this hotel. The room was nice, clean and odor free. Customer service was good. I needed help with internet and guy came and fix it for me they have wireless internet for free. AC was very good too. I can stay here again if I have to in future.

Stayed: June 2008