American Motor Inn
ComfortInn
Econo Lodge(Lordsburg)
Holiday Motel(Lordsburg)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I came to this place via trip advisor. I paid 42 dollars for a room and it did not have a second lock. Stunk and the heater rOared. I asked for mu money back in less than five minutes and he refused. This man is a nut and has nO morals. Also windows were broke on the room next to us. This place was a dump. And it is a lie about the 34.00. TriP advisor should remove this place.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Mccormicksonja
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I stayed here because it was one of the less expensive places on expedia and we were looking to save money on our cross country roadtrip. I thought it wouldn't be so bad because all we needed was a place to sleep . . . but boy, was I wrong!

First off, they changed my request for a king size bed to a double size bed and when I asked the front desk about it, he said this room was fine and refused to accommodate my request (there were many empty rooms, they placed us in a shabbier separate building).

The main issue though was the line of ants that I found marching across the stained bathroom floor. And when we woke up in the morning, the room was infested with not just ants but cockroaches and many other sort of insects who made a meal of crumbs of our dinner on the table.

I have never in my life stayed at a more disgusting place and for them to charge $50 for it on expedia is ridiculous. Do not stay here if you value your health and those of your loved ones.

It is on that man's karma for lying to us that this room was fine. If this was the best of the lot, I fear to ponder what the worst was?

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank traveler772
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I had to stay overnight here at lordsburg as I was exausted driving whole day. I looked at other frechise hotels and they were damn expensive. Finally, I got a room in this hotel. The room was nice, clean and odor free. Customer service was good. I needed help with internet and guy came and fix it for me they have wireless internet for free. AC was very good too. I can stay here again if I have to in future.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank jmp8600
Reviewed 25 December 2006

We stayed at this place for two nights while visiting our relatives in June 2006.

This time around, we chose to stay at this place again for a night in December 2006. It seems the hotel is under new management as they were busy organizing things. We were warmly welcomed and offered a good /clean room. The service was perfect and all ameneties were in good shape and properly working.

We would recommend this place for anyone who is traveling in the area and want to rest for a day or night.

Anonymous
Sonoma, CA

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MonteCarlo_Traveler
Reviewed 20 July 2006

I was forced to stay in Lordsburg due to vehicle problems for two days. The second night, due to financial considerations, I looked for a less expensive place to stay as all I cared about was a shower and a bed. There are a number of motels on Motel Drive in Lordsburg, but all are old, worn out properties advertising rates in the upper $20 range on up.

The American Inn appears to be run by the same East Indian family that operates the Super 8 in Lordsburg, where I spent my first night (see separate review). Same staff at both places. The room I got was very spartan, and about what you would expect for the price. But, the carpet was perhaps the most horrendous I have ever seen in a place of lodging. HUGE dark stains of every conceivable type, filthy looking, and smelly. I wore socks the whole time I was there, I did not want my feet coming in contact with it!

Also, it was mid July and the swimming pool had no water in it. Do not go to the adjoining restaurant. It had no a/c and it was swarming with flies, which apparently the locals are used to.

Spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the Days Inn, which are both nice and representative of their respective chains. I know I should have.

• Stayed: July 2006