“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Bernalillo
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we had a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean and didn't smell. The location was superb. The reservation manager Chad Ozment was curtiously and very helpful with our stay.

We look forward to staying at one of your places again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
hotel705, Diana Peru-Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Venusd1,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces. We hope that the cultural experience that we offered will bring you back to our property very soon. I will thank Chad for standing out and offering high quaility service. We appriciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
marietta ga
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here last night after snagging an $89 room rate via TripAdvisor. Thanks TripAdvisor! Room was clean and nice. Starbucks coffee with real half and half in the room. nice touch, especially since we were headed out at 5 AM, and nothing else at the hotel was open at that time. Bed was GREAT. The artwork was fun to see. No frig in the room, but they did have ice machines which was enough for us.

The location was great, malls and restaurants all around. Starbucks across the street was open early. Free wi-fi. The room service menu for breakfast looked like they had some fun dishes, but we did not have time to stay and try them out.

My only down comments would be the hallway carpet could need some refresh as it looks like it has seen better days. Not bad.. but not up to the quality of the room and the rest of the decor. Our other comment is when we checked, we asked the man at the front desk if there was a bar in the hotel, and was it open. He said, yes, there is a bar, and it is open till around 11 most nights, maybe later if there are people in there. After being in the car for 7 hours, we thought a nighcap was in order. We put our stuff in the room, and headed to the bar at 10:50. There were 5 people in the bar as patrons, and 2 bartenders.

As we walked in, the girl bartender said to the guy bartender, "I will let you handle these folks" to which, the guy bartender said, "we just had last call, so I cannot serve you anything. "
Really?

The other folks were not walking out when we walked in, they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Doors were open, TV and lights were on. He did say, he could deliver a drink to our room. I am not sure how long that would have taken, but it seemed like longer than had he just served us as we sat down at the bar.

The bar looked "cool" wish we could have had a nightcap.

I saw a lady in the lobby when we were leaving with a small dog, so pets must be allowed. Not sure.. but we saw a cute little one this morning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ssfarms
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear ssfarms,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces with TripAdvisor. Its great the we met all your lodging needs. Your positive comments on the comfort and cleaniness of the room will be shared with our staff. Also thank you for noticing and mentioning that we have Starbucks coffee in our guest rooms. I also wanted to inform you that I brought your posting to the attention of our Azul Manager. We were both disappointed that our valued guests experienced this type of service, he will be speaking to the staff and do conducting additional training on this issue. We look forward to your next visit.
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a lovely hotel! Decor is southwestern and so attractive. Our room was large, comfortable, and very clean. Many amenities: large pool, gym,parking, small library, comfortable main lobby, conference rooms, night club, restaurant. We spent 5 nights here.
It is well located near shopping malls, Mesilla, Stahman's pecan orchards. A very interesting area to explore.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces as the place to stay during your visit to the beautiful southwest. I am thrilled to read that you found our property very accommadating. We strive to offer all our guest a cultural experience that is uncomparable and memorialable. We hope to see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2012

For me and my family customer service is a big thing and from our stay here I Can say that i will be referring all my family and friends to come visit. The entire staff was wonderful. from the front desk staff to housekeeping. I wouldnt change a thing about my stay because it was close to perfect. My son and daughter loved the pool and the weather was perfect. the rooms are big enough for our family of 4. I do wish the tvs were updated a bit more but we didnt go on vacation to watch tv. Thank you Hotel encanto for making our stay one of the best we have had in a long time. oh and before i forget, i cant wait for the new renovations next year. We will be back soon to visit.

Room Tip: At the time of reservation ask for a High floor and mountain view so you are guaranteed a quiet room...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you lawrerceg723!
Your comments are absolutely appreciated, I have shared them with my front desk agents and housekeepers. It is wonderful that Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces made such a huge impression on your entire family and we are very excited for your next visit. The renovations that are planned throughout the year including the pool will definately make us standout for all travels that will be visiting the southwest. Thank you again for the positive feedback.
Gahanna, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed 30 nights in this hotel on two separate business trips. There are always little things you can pick on because no hotel is perfect all the time, but overall, I have no major complaints. The staff was always effecient and friendly to me. I had to extend my stay twice and had no problems. I got to know many of the staff by name and really enjoyed talking with them. This was especially true of the cafe staff, since I ate breakfast there nearly every day. Midge, Teresa, Charlene, Jenny, and Stephany (to name just a few) were exceptionally nice and very helpful. I looked forward to seeing them everyday and I hope to see them again someday.

The bar staff (Esteban, William, Sarah, Daisy, and Chelsea) were very friendly and a lot of fun as well.

The room was comfortable and clean, though noise from adjoining rooms could be a problem for some. The rooms have doors between them that you can open to make a suite, but they lack a threshhold. Light and noise, such as talking or televisions, can interfere with sleeping. I just turned up the fan to high and I always use a white noise machine to cover any unwanted sounds. It worked like a charm and I slept well every night. Both beds I slept on were very comfortable and one was a king and the other was a double.

The shower water on the fourth floor seems to oscillate between hot and cool and others in my group reported the same experience. I did not have this happen on the sixth floor (my favorite room was 660).

The location of the hotel was exceptionally convenient to Lohman Ave which runs across Las Cruces and you can easily see the hotel from I-25 (exit 3). The drive to the old city (Mesilla) is about 15 to 20 minutes.There were several good restaraunts and a mall within walking distance. I enjoyed the Cattle Baron and Aqua Reef the most.

I can't say very much about cost because I got an exceptionally good corporate rate. It was very reasonable for a hotel of this quality and with these amenities.

If I return someday, this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: The seventh (top) floor is the most expensive and I did not stay in one of these rooms. I liked the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
hotel705, Diana Peru-Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Keith B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience on Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces during you recent business trip to the area. Wow, Mr B reading you review and mentioning all of our servers from Cafe Espana and Azul is wonderful. They were all absolutely thrilled! Great customer service is what we strive to offer and adding to the cultural experience that is seen the moment you walk in. We appreciate you sharing your recommendations on our hotel and the area. We look forward to your next visit, also thank you for posting you photos aswell.