“Relaxing, quiet, beautiful! ”

Jemez Hot Springs: Home of The Giggling Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jemez Hot Springs, Home of The Giggling Springs, a "Mountain Tropical" Day Resort, is located at the site of the earliest Bath House in the Jemez Springs area. Before that, the mineral water was used by the Native Americans of the area. Our water comes from deep beneath the Valles Caldera (ancient volcano) up the mountain. The four pools contain an ancient sea water abundant with a relaxing and therapeutic blend of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, silica, sodium and more. The source is 142 degrees F, but the pools are kept at a comfortable 102-104 degrees. The water is natural, and no chlorine or chemicals are added. We use ultraviolet light, ionizers and an oxygen inversions system to disinfect the water, and they are flow-through pools, so the water changes out regularly. Swim suits are required, children 14 and over are welcome, and for the comfort of our guests. Reservations are not required.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here based on previous reviews and it did not disappoint. There are several pools (all with different temperatures) and a river you can soak in. The river was closed when we went due to the time of year. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. Everything was immaculately clean. It’s a relaxed atmosphere too with a mixture of clientele- kids under 14 years old are not permitted in. It keeps it quiet and relaxing. We had poolside beverage service that was quick and reasonably priced. Will return here in the future for sure. Couldn’t be happier with the entire experience and environment.

1  Thank SimonieC
NewMexicoTandT, Owner at Jemez Hot Springs: Home of The Giggling Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

We are so happy to know that we meet and hopefully exceed our guests' expectations! We love reading these nice reviews and appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a nice review! We take a lot of pride in sharing our beautiful place with our guests! Giggle On!

All reviews
"aches and pains"
"favorite spot"
"hummingbird feeders"

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We spent two hours at Giggling Springs this afternoon and loved every minute. Finding this little out of the way place wasn’t the easiest, but once we walked in to this little bit of paradise, the experience was great. Floating in the 4 different hot springs pools was relaxing and listening to the river running right there added to the atmosphere. Highly recommend this and the drive from Bandelier National Monument was breathtaking.

1  Thank Margi G

Thank you so much for making Jemez Hot Springs a part of your holiday! We are so glad you visited! We are a part of a beautiful place on the planet! Hope you can come back again! Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The staff treat you like you are family, taking the time to explain the layout and the pools. There are 4 pools feed by underground hot springs, each one is a different temperature, and a different beautiful setting. It is amazing to have the pool to yourself, looking into the mountains, or hearing the stream running by. The grounds are very beautiful, rocks, wood, plants, flowers, a true creation of an artist- Jim the manager. My wife and I try to go once a week, driving from ABQ. The drive is beautiful as well. I really think this is one of the nicest hidden gems New Mexico has to offer.

1  Thank cd22016

We are so glad you love our place! It is a team effort! We are so grateful to our guests that make it all possible! See ya soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I was not sure what to expect from my visit to the hot springs, and honestly, it was totally not what I expected. My daughter recently turned 26, and as part of a birthday gift I wanted to take her away from her every-day extremely busy life. So I searched places in NM where we could just spend some time and relax and I found Jemez Springs. I thought this place would be perfect, hiking, hot springs, wineries - all the things she likes. I expected guided hiking tours, busy restaurants, and over-priced shops with that crowded tourist feel that you experience in so many places. Having never been to Jemez Springs, it definitely was not what we thought it would be. It was as though we had taken a trip back in time. Everything was relaxed and uncrowded, and people treated us as though they had known us forever. This ended up being exactly what both my daughter and I needed. We stayed in the Inn next door to the springs and decided to check it out. I must admit, from the parking lot point of view it didn't look like anything spectacular, and I was worried my daughter would not be impressed with her gift, but I was wrong. Staff were so helpful, answered all of our questions, and let us see the springs before we made the decision to stay. Once again when we walked in, it was like stepping into a different world. It was amazing. It was hard to believe that you could just walk out of this little room into this beautifully landscaped mini paradise. My daughter immediately made her decision to stay. I have never been to any hot springs before, and did not know exactly what to expect, but when we stepped into the pools, we instantly knew that this was a different experience than a hot tub or ordinary pool. We could actually feel the rejuvenating and relaxing effects of the mineral water on our skin. Instantly our skin became softer and the tension in our muscles began to melt. We tried every one of the pools which all seemed to be set at different temps. The sound of the river behind us added to our complete relaxation. I had previously thought about taking her to 10,000 Waves, but I wanted her to have a different experience, not just the experience of another hot tub. So glad I chose the hot springs instead. Also heard about the free springs in the mountains from my son-in-law who had hiked passed them before. Was not impressed with his description which was why I was more than happy to pay for our experience at Giggling Springs. I did not regret my decision. I read some of the reviews of Giggling Springs prior to going there, and am shocked by the few low-scoring ones, but you can't please everyone. As for the complaints about the price, for the amount of work these ladies put into this, the price is worth it. Will definitely go back. Was also impressed at the fact that there was a response to all of the reviews. Wow, for them to take their time to do that, says something. Sad to see that it's being sold and am hoping that whoever buys this, puts as much heart into this beautiful place as what they have.

2  Thank diana87501
NewMexicoTandT, Owner at Jemez Hot Springs: Home of The Giggling Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for the reminder that I haven't responded to some reviews! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You really captured what we strive to be...a great place to visit with a wonderful staff and beautiful and clean surroundings! We have a lot of silica in the water that makes your skin soft along with a lot of other great minerals that are good for your body. Thank you for choosing Jemez Hot Springs for your special day! We have put so much love into our place that we are certain only love can take it from here. The next people will be just as good of caretakers of this place as us!