“DO NOT STAY - NO BREAKFAST, NO INTERNET, OLD TV'S, HOLES, ETC.”
Review of Motel 6 Hobbs

Motel 6 Hobbs
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Arrived and asked what time breakfast was served and they informed me they NO longer serve breakfast and they have not been able to update their website, for they have NO control over their website. Arrived at room to find I could not park near my room, for items being stored in parking lot. Got in room and found FULL beds, not Queen size beds, no remote and then found TV did not truly work. They did move me to another room, and this room did have a Television that worked, but again no remote for the television, the microwave did not work, the bedding had holes in the bedspreads, and holes in walls. I found the internet was not working, then it was working, then it wasn't working, etc. One time I received a message that their were no IP addresses available. I called the office and they said it was working fine at their location and worked great throughout the complex. I told them that they were having problems with one of their routers, but they dismissed my complaint, even though I work in IT and have both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Science. I did not expect great things, for I was staying at a Motel 6, but I did expect better rooms than I stay in 3rd world countries and this is worse.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank mcbunch
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests, but apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the connection to the network. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

The pictures on Trip Advisor are NOT an indication of the actual rooms. The bedroom was clean, but closet and bathroom had never been finished. There was a cracked toilet seat, which pinched, and mold around the tiny shower.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! Motel 6 is the former America's Best. The renovations are looking great. Definitely an improvement from the previous state this property was in. This motel is reasonable priced with a smiling staff that goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable. They do allow pets. Ample parking and quite areas. We are from the east coast and came to Hobbs due to a work assignment. We were welcomed and there hasn't been a question that couldn't be answered. I do recommend staying here because it's safe and clean. Being a motel in the middle of the oil production area they DO NOT charge outrageous rates like most hotels in the area. If you are here to work and you need a comfortable, safe, quite and friendly place to stay this property is your best choice. Special thank you to Cindy.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharky01
Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

Our smoke detector had the cover off and the battery was missing. There were French fries in the floor from the previous guests. Floors, walls, and ceilings were stained and dusty. The bathroom needed a good deep cleaning. The crown molding was falling off the ceiling. The tv remote and the ashtray were missing. Very disappointed. We figured we wouldn't have to worry about it considering every other motel 6 we have stayed at was very nice and clean. Some of our friends stayed there as well. Their room was remodeled and looked in much better shape than ours did. If we would have stayed in a remodeled room we may have had a better experience.

• Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank Kohliger
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I cannot urge anyone enough to NOT stay at this hotel (or give them business of any kind). First of all, there were bed bugs on the bed. They were HUGE. For six years I worked for an agency doing in-home work that has lead me to know all too well what bed bugs look like. I honestly did not know that they could get this big. This happened within about an hour of arriving at the hotel, after experiencing problems already at the front desk. We booked this hotel through what google lists (still as of this evening-) as the hotel's site. We got an awesome deal and they got an awesome deal, too--my boyfriend's credit card information. The woman at the front desk stated that she was the manager (but also made it seem that she was the owner?) and I think her name was Sara. She stated that the website that we used wasn't "real" and that she's been supposedly having issues with expedia b/c of this? According to her we didn't have a reservation, our confirmation number was useless, and she "couldn't" honor the rate we got through the "fake" website--which I showed her on our laptop via the confirmation page we left up while the computer was in sleep mode. We're from CT and were in NM, I'm almost 7 mos. pregnant, and we had already driven an hour to get there--and it's in the middle of nowhere. We couldn't even book something else on hotels.com on that point (according to their customer service dept.) b/c it was after 12am. Thank god the awful hotel we ended up staying at across the street didn't have bugs! : ) And thank god that someone else was working at the front desk went we went up to inform them that we weren't sleeping in a room that was already occupied (by bed bugs), because this woman was so nice, so sweet, and even apologized for the bed bug issue. We of course thanked her and pointed out that it wasn't her fault at all. We continue to check my bf's credit card statement online to make sure that whatever company got his cc info through the "fake" site isn't charging him anything, etc. THE WORST.

Room Tip: You could only choose a good room by not getting a room here.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple