“Don't waste your time”
Review of Motel 6 Hobbs

Motel 6 Hobbs
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The only good thing about this place is the breakfast. I stayed here for five days for work. I'm pretty sure the maintenance man hasn't fixed anything in those rooms for a while. The Wifi didnt work. Overall, if you need somewhere to stay for cheap and thats all you care about this is your place. I think there motto is "Low Expectations".

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris S

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Had 2 rooms here on a family trip. Motel looks good on the outside, but the restrooms especially showed a severe lack of maintenance. They don't trust you with the TV remotes, you get them at checkin.
No ice machines. You have to ask for Ice. when I did, they were out and promised to bring some to the room. Never did, I had to go to the lobby and then they only gave me a small amount.
Covered parking at the room door is in most rooms.
Breakfast is included with the room price, but you can't take food out of the lobby. The cook speaks no English that I could tell. I asked for eggs well done, and sausage. I got eggs soft fryed and bacon. I ask her to fry the eggs some more, but she could not understand.
Price was in the high 60s. For this, I expect more.

Here are some of the problems.
Small thin towels in the bathroom.
No Hair dryer.
Smoke detector was loose and laying on the TV.
No exhaust fan in BathRoom. There was a window, but the crank to open was broke.
There was only 1 pillow for the king size bed. I had to call the front desk for more.
2 of the 6 light bulbs in the BR were burned out.
Knob on the lampshade was missing.
No heat in Bathroom.
Around the top and side of the tub, mold was present.
The shower fixture was loose and about 20 years old and worn out.
door was hard to open, and seemed insecure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kruemcke
Reviewed 1 August 2012

FIrst they say it's an Inn, it is not it's a MOTEL, and a bad one at that. We were on the road and at different hotels for 8 days and this was the most expensive, they would not give us a teacher discount because she said the reservation was made on line, which it was not, it was made over the phone. We wrote a 2 page list of things that were wrong, and still didn't get them all down. They were tossed to the side when they were given to the front desk clerk and I'm sure thrown into the trash as soon as I left. Here are a few of them. The latch on the door was half off, so it was NOT secure. There was a closet with a door that lead into another persons room. We put a chair against it. It looked like someone had thrown up on the carpet and it did not get cleaned up. There was no iron, coffee pot, blow dryer or anyone who would answer the phone at the front desk. The carpet tacks stuck up through the carpet ( my sister took her shoes off, I didn't) The beds felt like there were two box springs on them, no mattress. The sheets were nasty, We slept in our clothes on top of the spread. The bathroom had no ventalation and it was very hard to get any other temperature of water in the shower except HOT. I had to get out and open the bathroom door so I could breath! The towels were the smallest bath towels I've ever seen & the thinest. I can't give this motel even one spot as a rating it was below that. We had made reservations for two nights, but canceled the second night. We decided we would sleep in the car and be better off. We did find a nice Hotel across town to stay at though. The one nice thing I can say about this hotel is the Ladies who served breakfast were very nice. I didn't eat it as there were to many flies and it was so hot in there you could stand it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel on the North side of town.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I will NEVER stay there again. The staff was ok, however I was bombarded with bug bites, roaches and a fly which bothered me the entire trip. I literally had to have calamine lotion put all over me even in the areas where no bugs would normally go.

There were two huge roaches in the shower one morning and I turned on the shower to try to kill them but they were still alive so I had to flush them down the toilet.... ugh....

Also the poor lady at the desk had to clean my room because when I checked in it was gross. The lampshades were filthy and the decor was old, also there were old wads of gum under the nightstand..
I was in town for business and complained to my boss who stayed at a more expensive place and he warned me about this... I didnt sleep good so I ended up catching a cold the next week.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if only for your health.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Loretta T
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Here is what I see at the Americas Best Value Inn Hobbs NM. Very poor maintenance on the property, the doors to some rooms have no steel plate on which the door latch closes, its just a slim piece of door trim holding the door shut, one punch and someone can easily break in. Dust and grime on top of every flat surface that does not get regularly cleaned. Took cover off AC Unit and the filter screens are gross. My tub walls have semen or hope to GOD its just old soap. Outdated furniture/ window coverings. My desk chair is gross, I had to put a towel on it just to be happy enough to sit on it. No pool, tiny bathrooms, new micro and fridge is a plus!!! Oh and the toilet--- nobody must ever clean under the rim, cause its nasty under there. Vending machines sold out, no ice except at front desk. Inside the lobby they have all their policies posted all over that walls, not invitng at all.
Did a bedbug check and happy to see that there is NO sign of bedbugs!
Service is good and maid service was good. I think I have said enough, but its not a place I will stay again!

Room Tip: EVERY motel room should be good, but not here, be wary of staying here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business