“Amazing”

El Rodeo
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Espanola
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I never write reviews, but this place blew my mind. The service is amazing, and the food is even better. My traveling group of four were heading for Taos from Santa Fe and needed a quick lunch. We found this place on Google Maps. Totally random, and SO worth it. We sampled seven of the menu items and all were amazing. Would return in a heartbeat. Burritos, tacos, flats, enchiladas were all fantastic.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

When directions to a Mexican restaurant start with go to the Pizza Hut parking lot, you know you're not headed to some national chain restaurant. There is a small little building that sits at the back of the parking lot. You don't go for the ambiance, but the food was delicious. Don't shy away from the tongue tacos, they were wonderful!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

A local recommended this restaurant to us and boy I would visit Espanola again just to go eat there! Thank you for the wonderful tacos and burritos! We ate there twice during our stay!

Reviewed 23 May 2015

You can tell that this place is authentic -- the owners/managers speak an English that is only a little better than my Spanish. If the children are there, then they translate.

Otherwise I used my limited Spanish and do a lot of pointing and gesturing.

The food is great. If you get something chopped, they don't put it out a bowl of stuff chopped hours earlier. Instead they chop it as they need it.

The place has a surprisingly varied selection of Mexican cuisine all hand prepared as you wait. I love the chicken tacos -- chicken is pollo in Spanish and 'll' is pronounced 'y', so it rhymes with yo-yo. Mexican cuisine differs from New Mexican in that Mexican has more fresh vegetables like avocado and cilantro.

Only thing I don't like -- no beer and you can't bring it in. So I take it home and eat it there.

The place is on the main road through Espanola on the west side of the road. Hard to spot -- it is in behind the Pizza Hut.

Closed Wednesdays.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wonderful authentic Mexican food in a tiny restaurant hidden behind Pizza Hut. El Rodeo is spotless and service is great. I had a delicious watermelon agua fresca with 4 shrimp tacos, which were beer been with avocado slices and a halved minature lime nicely no resented. The menu is extensive and in Spanish and has more adventurous choices like buche and menudo as well.

1  Thank nmfangirl