“Huge ham slices”

Big Dawgs Chuckwagon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Espanola
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This is very much a locals' eatery in the best sense. The portions are huge especially when you order the ham and eggs...it is half a thick ham steak...amazing. My breakfast burrito was really large and I couldn't even eat half of it. This is a neighborhood cafe at its best. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We eat here at least once a week if not every other. We both enjoy the huevos rancheros w/ chicharons. But parking is crappy and unsafe, front or back.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Having passes Big Dawgs hundreds of times I finally stopped and ate there on two occasions. My first visit was for lunch. I tried one of their burritos. While is as OK it was nothing special. The green and red chili was excellent that was served on top of the burrito. My lunch might have been better if the burrito was more temperture hot.
On my second visit I went for breakfast. I ordered the basic two eggs, sausage, hash browns, and toast. When my meal arrived it was with a homemade tortilla not toast. I decided to try it. It was on the hard side and cold. Likewise the rest of my breakfast was again not as hot as I would have liked. While OK the breakfast was nothing to brag about. The cafe was clean, a cozy atmosphere, and the service was very good.
Note: Breakfast is served from 6:00AM to closing at 2:00 PM.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Enjoyed other meals but breakfast was our favorite. Nice crew working there. Only issue is finding parking during busy times.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

definitely a local cafe. we found the A/C to be on the cool side and we like it cool, you might want to wear long sleeves or bring a hoodie in there. Staff friendly. Our eggs were a little over cooked but that might be their definition of "over medium ". the sausage was great, maybe home made. price for a traditional American breakfast was a little pricey at $7.75. no parking for RV or if you're pulling a camper.