“Taos restaurants”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Decent "new mexico" style mexican food at a good price. From what I've tried so far, that style is more spicy to the point where you can't taste the food as much. Orlando's were pretty tasty and service better than most. Outside (with some flies) or inside dining. Only beer and wine. Prices from 12 to 20 bucks which is pretty reasonable these days. Worth a try/away from town center on 64 maybe 3 miles from downtown Taos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Here are the things that are great about Orlando's: the service, the beauty of the brightly painted walls and punched tin, the charm of the outdoor seating area and the FOOD. The chile rellenos are very good. The side of hominy and pinto beans was pure perfection. We got the appetizer of papas con chile and it was sooo good. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Orlando's is just a tiny place on the outskirts of Taos center. Prettily decorated with NM flair, it has indoor seating and a delightful outdoor patio. Be prepared to wait though! This place is popular (for a reason) and there is often a line waiting for a table - they don't take reservations.

Start with the Sangria! Refreshing and perfect for the locale. Orlando's NM food is spicy and delicious - true NM style. Our group ordered Taco Salad, Rellenos, Nachos, Open faced smothered burger - Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This is a great, funky restaurant! Loved the outdoor patio, bright colors and wonderful green chili!

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Asked the hotel front desk where was the best New Mexican cuisine. She did not hesitate to recommend Orlando's. We showed up 15min before they open for dinner. We were surprised to find a line forming. At 5pm the staff started seating everyone. The staff was very friendly and was always on top of the customer needs. They never stopped moving. Yes, I gave the staff very fat tip.
The sangria was good but the margarita was great. Yes I had both.
I have to admit I was sceptical after all I grew up on New Mexico style cooking. I had the combo plate with a crispy chillireno. My food arrived quicker then I expected. I was impressed by the staff again. They really worked as a team.
I was very impressed. food was very tasty! Again, I'll say it, Very tasty! I understand why this place was voted 1#. I was so impressed i bought a t-shirt with their logo.
Yes I recommend Orlando's New Mexican cuisine to family and friends. I plan on returning to eat there again.

1  Thank Al V