“Something Tasty In Corrales NM”
Review of Las Ristras

Las Ristras
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Corrales
Price range: USD 7 - USD 12
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Hey Pig.Hippo.Momster Followers,

You may not know that Corrales New Mexico has several places to eat; Village Pizza, Nate and Hannahs, The Crow and Parea’s just to name a few. Our new favorite is Las Ristras Restaurant of Corrals. We had a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon and had a wonderful experience. The menu is locally sourced which adds a minor additional cost but well worth the money. “Momster” did not join us on this food adventure but we were joined by our dear friend “Nads” who is also a foodie. The ladies had Grilled Shrimp with a smoked gouda potatos. Wait until you see the pictures of these babies…they are huge! “Pig and Nads” thought they were out of this world. Tender tasty and cooked to perfection. I had the Green Chili Rubbed Ribs; fire roasted baby back ribs w/ Corrales green chile rub and sweet jalapeno sauce. Meat was falling off the bone goodness. Flavorful with a good green chile and a hint of the sweet jalapeno. Las Ristras has a good wine selection from around the world and a very tasty Cheesecake Chimichanga (recommend).
Las Ristras is open Tuesday - Saturday 9am - 9pm and Sunday 9am - 2pm.
If you are looking for a little variety in Corrales Las Ristras Restaurant of Corrales is the place to go. Also look for their chalk board on the side of the road for daily specials and Taco Tuesdays!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have eaten at Las Ristras twice, once for lunch, and once for dinner. For lunch I ordered a chile relleno burrito that had a nice chile kick. Two of us ate there for their Thursday night prime rib special. I had the larger prime rib cut. It was favorable but a little tough. My spouse had the small cut and it was perfect. They offered a bottle of wine for half price. We didn't finish the bottle, so they sealed it so we could legally take it home with us. We plan to return for the prime rib special and I will probably order the smaller cut. The small cut cost $17 on the Thursday evening special.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

The problem with going to a "5 star" rated place is that your expectations might be too high. Dinner was good, beer was fine, and I'd return. However.....the waiter was a little slow, we had to ask for chips and salsa (even though it's provided at no cost as in most Mexican restaurants do), my tequila lime chicken was OK, but not great, the pepper in the chili rellano was mushy. I'm from NY, but this didn't taste like authentic Mexican food to me.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stopped here without reservations and sat at the bar. Great guitar player serenaded us. Hot popper appetizer has hot! We both had lamb tacos. The taco itself and all the fresh veggies and sides were tasty, fresh, and presented nicely. The problem is the lamb was very fatty and chewy. That knocks the rating down one star.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

In little sleepy Corrales, NM is the best - we mean the BEST! - restaurant you will find in the Albuquerque area. The New Mexican cuisine is all locally sourced and is a fresh as if your abuela made it(grandmother!), We had the trout which was divine and the grilled shrimp - awesome! Jude Sanchez, the owner, has turned this place on its ear and has created a not to be missed dining experience. Maria served us and was a delight! Don't let the outside fool you. . . it's what's inside that counts! And should you have room for desert. . . the cheesecake chimichangas are the best!