All reviews family reunion get away terri office alert heater microwave unit
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I'm not one to ever leave negative reviews but this one needs to be put out there. I booked a stay for my family and I in Spruce Cabins after reading several good reviews. Arriving to the cabin, it seemed cozy and clean. First night there, started to pull back the covers to crawl in bed...only to find the white sheets wrinkled, dirty and covered in tiny little black hairs!!!! Called the emergency line that was listed in our room. Waited to get a call back and once we finally did, no apologies were offered for their oversight of CLEARLY not changed sheets. They did come to change our bedding, however still didn't own up to the mistake and NO apologies or anything! We were told it was 'no big deal' and that when sheets are folded, they pick up debris from the floor! This was NOT debris, it was disgusting hair from God knows who/where. Also, upon checking out, we decided to bring up the fact that we were never offered and apology for the issue and we're still told it was no big deal since they fixed it 'right away'. Unacceptable and horrible way to treat customers. We won't be staying here again and I advise you to check your sheets before you lay in these beds!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank kmt724
ttscott1160, Owner at Spruce Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

I hate to have to put this on a public forum however Trip Advisor doesn't have any other way to respond to lies. This customer did stay with us two nights. After checking in they called and stated that they felt we hadn't change the sheets. (however, we the owners clean our own cabins and change out the bedding every time) Within 15 minutes we came and changed out not only the sheets but all the bedding to make the customer happy. We did state that we change the sheets every time but the customer felt we were not telling the truth, my husband did state we we sorry but the older lady was upset and I guess only wanted an apology from myself. The next whole day of their stay they never came in to say they felt they needed a better apology or a refund! It wasn't until they checked out that day that the customer told front desk receptionist that the sheets were dirty. The receptionist stated if we had only know we could have changed them and apologized. It was then that the customer stated we had but she felt she deserved a refund for being inconvenienced for having to call. The receptionist stated she could not authorize a refund. I was in the other room and she called me to the front desk to speak with her. At that time the customer stated that everyone else had apologized except me and that she needed one from me. She threatened us that she had pictures and video of the bed and if she didn't get a refund she would write negative reviews. I did state we corrected the problem within 15 minutes and would not be giving a refund but did apologize myself for her being upset. She stormed out and left. We walked up to the cabin where she left dirty diapers out side and the door wide open.. We did take pictures as she turned furniture upside down and threw all the sofa cushions, bedding and trash all over the cabin floor(There were shoe prints where they had walked on it). We did place her on our do-not-rent to list. Not sure where I can send you the pictures but would ask for this review to be deleted as it is not correct and unfair for our business. In the past when we have had negative reviews I have always felt that we were concerned for our customer's thoughts and politely responded. However, This customer is just stating falsely and is not fair to our business and staff.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Stayed here for a family reunion. It was wonderful. The cool pines, the creeks and river, the clean air was exhilarating. Beds were comfortable. Just make a fire in the fireplace and put the world aside. We had an incredible time. Everyone was happy and pleased with their stay. Very nice and patient staff.

Room tip: Enjoy the quiet
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Cute comfy little cabin, well insulated, very comfy bed , beautiful area. We went up for a weekend of exploring , but it snowed. It was beautiful and we stayed nice and warm in the cabin. Very nice people in the office. We will definitely stay again

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was tiny but did have full size tub. Beautiful location, close to everything. Staff was very pleasant. Only thing I would say was a negative was no spare roll of toilet tissue which we did not discover until the evening before we were due to leave. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We went to Spruce cabins in December of 2016 for Christmas away from home. We had a family of 4. Two of us were an 11 ur old and a 7 year old. The cabins were underwhelming. The old gas stove is nearly unusable. You have to have a good level of experience with old gas stoves to operate it properly. No fireplace in our cabin. We got lucky in the fact that we stayed before Christmas to the day after because that is whenever the other guest started to show up. The size of the cabin area is it would have been quite crowded rather quickly.

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank jeremyd347
ttscott1160, Owner at Spruce Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you for letting us know your concerns. All of our cook stoves are newer( replaced with in the last 11 years). If you were having troubles with yours we would have gladly assisted you in showing you how a gas stove works. Our cabins were built in 1950's And even though many upgrades have been made the charm of the old look still is what brings customers back again and again. In the future feel free to look at some of our larger cabins to accommodate your family. Out of 25 cabins 11 don't have a fireplace and six don't have kitchens.