“Good Eats”

Elk Horn Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Chama
Price range: USD 7 - USD 22
Cuisines: American
Description: The Elkhorn Cafe is a restaurant located in scenic Chama New Mexico featuring New Mexican and American Cuisine. Rustic, great food and friendly Service!!
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Breakfast was great. Impressed with the menu, nice variety. Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs, along with the oatmeal, both great comfort foods. Cheap eats.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Upon returning from the train, there are only a couple of resturants that are open for dinner. I was staying close, so I stopped in for dinner. The service was good and the food was top notch. I ordered the cheese and onion encheladas with red sauce - the meal came with rice and beans - both very good.

1  Thank Jimmie_Ray
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel next to it so we walked over since it was convenient. We sat on the patio which was great. The weather was perfect. The waitress was a little slow in getting to us which we were surprised of because there were very few people there. My husband ordered steak which came out stringy and undercooked. He had to ask for butter because it wasn't brought out with his potato. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs which was very good. The waitress forgot that I got a salad and had to bring it out later. After we were finished with our meal, we waited for about 10 minutes for her to return. We finally went inside and waited at the counter for another 5 minutes. There was no one around. The steak was over priced for what was served. We finally got someone to get us checked out to leave.

2  Thank orgrits
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Good service, very nice salads, ok main dishes, terrible potatoes, and limited beer options. Side salads had beautiful spring mix lettuce and lots of other veggies. My elk burger was a bit over-cooked but my husband enjoyed his country steak. However, both his mashed potatoes and my French fries were awful.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We thought this was the best restaurant in Chama. The service will always be with a smile, but it does tend to be a little slow. The menu is fairly extensive so there's always something for everyone, including vegetarians!

1  Thank lulubird487

Been to Elk Horn Cafe? Share your experiences!