“Great Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Ponson Island, Philippines
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have stayed at many resorts in the Subic area and give Arizona a 5 star rating. The staff will do anything they can to make your stay a pleasant one. The restaurant is great, they have fresh seafood and a full barbecue menu. I stayed in a deluxe room, bed comfortable, shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The resort has WiFi, can use anyplace at resort. Attached to Arizona is Score Bar, make sure you stop in for a cold beer, play pool or darts.

Room Tip: I like to stay on ground floor, stayed in room 7, close to pool and exit.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Lawrence D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 October 2011

First time I had been to Subic area Barrio Barretto , for 15 years and of course its changed, and its still not very pretty to be truthfull the only point of going there would be for the raunchy nightlife single men only need apply ,,

Dont take your wife or galfriend or kids I think not they might be depressed with it all, a mongers girly bar town .

The Hotel Arizona was perhaps the best deal I was told by folks who had been there, good for a few days visiting the nightlife , music bars, I like music bars and if I can find it live music, and Arizona is right on the beach , the first hotel you come to on the beach road the beach is nothing special its well known , pool area in the hotel though I noticed no one ever used it . ,

I stayed just over a week in Barretto.. , Arizona well my view everything seems to me just ok, Its an older building , the room I had look like some renovation has happened but to a basic standard , my room old fashioned, fixtures worn a two star budget place at best ,window air con was not good had to be on all the time creaked and groaned , huge mirror on the wall by the bed was very anoying, very basic furniture and fittings, showerand wc was just about ok again but looked so out of date nothing fancy at this place all, so its just about being ok , hot water most of the time that was good .There is a sports bar and get this even a girly bar as part of the Arizonas attractions open late, anouther reason men only hotel really , but better and plenty of entertainment can be found not far away outside .

Staff always pleasent and helpfull so full marks exept they have a hotel dog running around sometimes running up when your eating sitting under your chair,sorry to say Arizona managment I hated that dog in the restraunt, really most folks would I think so., many vendors outside the resaraunt trying to sell you junk, they should be kept away why dont the management fix that ! obvious there quests dont want that, and yet the food was not bad good portions and choice, because of the dam dog, I hate dogs caround food possible hygene issue I elected to eat out after the very first day , Would I stay again , not sure really, I will try anouther place next trip I think so because the Arizona Aussie run I think is in need of an update, and obviously some investement would Improve it lots because its right on the beach got a great location it could be so much nicer than it is, a shame it needs fixing up ,.I believe it could be great. .

Room Tip: I would ask to see your given room before unpacking, and ask to see other rooms as well, I should ha...
6 Thank eub4
SubicGav, General Manager at Arizona International Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Sorry you didn't seem to enjoy your stay as much as other reviewers on TripAdvisor. Thanks for your comments both good and bad anyway.

As previously stated, the management team is always visible, and always approachable. Any problems you encountered could have dealt with immediately if they were pointed out to us while you were here.

Sorry you seem offended about the "Girly Bars', but they are part of the attraction of the area, and part of the culture, and make Subic a popular place with tourists. By your profile, your travel in the Philippines has been limited to Angeles City and Puerto Galera, both places built on "Girly Bars" and tourism. Its more of that culture thing.

If you had stayed here in October as stated, you would have checked in a few days after the worst typhoon if the season, where we suffered minor structural damage, but had problems with salt water and rain intrusion. It would be really nice if we could control the weather, and make it Sunny Subic all the time.

As for out resort dog "Pangit", he is more popular with our guests than any of the staff. He is shampooed and groomed daily, and has monthly vet checks. He has been here since June 2010, and you are the first visitors to find him annoying or offensive. And to reiterate the point, had you informed management at the time of the problem, it would have been taken care of immediately.

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future!!
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I just returned back to the United States today and I wanted to send you and your staff a thank you note for the OUTSTANDING service I received at the Arizona International Hotel!!

First off, thank you to Gercheann! Extremely courteous and professional in all of our correspondence. I was in contact with her during my on-line reservation and she replied promptly and answered all of my questions!

Secondly, thank you to Rose! She was the nice, friendly lady at the front desk and she went above and beyond the call of duty by sending a text message to my friend Scott Fleury to let him know I was in town (I didn't have my cell phone with me).

Thirdly, thank you to Gavin! He introduced himself when I first arrived, and let it be known that if I needed anything, to not hesitate to ask! I thought that was great and as they say, first impressions are lasting impressions. To be acknowledged and greeted by the hotel staff immediately upon arrival is great customer service!

Fourthly, thank you to my favorite waitress Clarisse! Friendly, knowledgeable and a cheerful and bubbly attitude!! It was a pleasure to dine in your restaurant and have a great waitress who thoroughly enjoys her job!!

Fifthly, thank you to everyone in Score's!! Upon my next visit, I will have improved my pool game, hahaha.

Finally, thank you to Tommo!! Anyone who I know that is going to Subic and needs a place to stay, will get a recommendation from me to stay at the Arizona International Hotel!

Again, thank you for a great stay! I'm really looking forward to my return visit next year!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed here 3 times in the past year. Great hotel over all.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My first trip to Subic . Checked in the Arizona .. Premier Ocean View Room .. was just perfect . Two way windows opening out to the Bay view and roomy .. for someone who likes space .& luxury.

Good food , ambience & the bars just a short walk away .

Thank you Tommo with his hands on boss approach , Gavin the amiable GM & the girls specially Gercheann the front office manager .

Nothing to fault except the food portions are huge for a picky eater like me . LOL .

Looking forward to my next R&R there soon .

Over & out from Subic !

Room Tip: Check out the rooms 28 Rack Rate 4500 Pesos . Even the regular dlx rooms are decent enough to crash...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
1.0 km away
1.4 km away
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!