“Holiday visit ”
Review of Boomerang Hotel

Boomerang Hotel
Ranked #2 of 96 Angeles City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I visited the boomerang hotel in march just gone, a second visit - my first being a couple of years ago.

I had wondered if the first class service would still be there, comfy rooms, good food (European / American menu), and of course the great staff.

The answer was yes.

Yes to all, and to make thing better, one of the owners - Jon, brought me out for golf twice - yes, a good guy. I met his business partner - Dave, an Aussie guy with a good sense of humour - I did not meet him last time out.

The staff in the bar were great, very happy and very pretty. After my first night, whenever I came down to the bar, they had my beer on the bar waiting for me - superb.

Jon seems to have all the sports you need, - I like rugby - and I had the super 14 and European - great

My room was a good size and my bed was comfy. The room staff kept my room clean for me too.

I'm glad I came back, great service, just like coming home

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank WNil

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This is my own review checklist.

When I move into a new room, I take a tissue and wipe it along an unseen top surface, such as a picture, or a door. This test tells me if cleaning is thorough or haphazard. /

I booked a poolside room - note - there is no elevator. ///

• Dust test = big fail - see photo /

• Transfers = to & from both Angeles & Manila airports for a fee /

• Location = a bit out of the way, but hotel has free shuttle to mall and walking street. 7-11 is 10 minutes walk (turn left at Don Juico). And... a great deal on water is only a 5-minute walk away - turn right at Don Juico and after a 4-minute walk, the road splits - take the right fork and walk another minute - it's on the right and is called Anton's: 4L for 35P only /

• Check in = quick and simple /

• Wifi = although they have a number of routers available, on occasion a signal reduction requires you to switch to another. All routers share the same PW /

• Staff = passive, yet professional and effective /

• Lighting = overhead with single switch by door plus a bedside lamp /

• Bathroom = bathtowels only, no hand towels nor face cloths, large bar of soap, no shampoo, great raindrop-style shower, sink has mirror without a dedicated light, electrical outlet next to sink /

• Room supplies = no free water. Stocked minibar includes 1/2 litre bottles of water for an outrageous 40P each; no kettle. /

• Door security = twist lock on handle only /

• Bed = slightly firm, but OK /

• Linens = OK /

• In-room safe = small and works just fine /

• Furniture = long desk attached to wall, simple chair, night table. No low table for placing suitcase, no glasses or cups. /

• Electrical Outlets = limited - none at desk /

• Storage = no drawers, but some shelving, hangers /

• Phone = yes - 20 peso/min for domestic LD /

• TV = flat with a few English news channels, movies, sports, and misc. /

• AirCon = loud and effective, plus a ceiling fan /

• Facilities = stocked minibar. Lobby has couches and a small book-lending library. Pool is rarely used. Laundry is provided for 40 peso/Kg /

• Housekeeping = flexible time-wise and professional /

• Curtains = very dark. Also, windows are one-way view when it's bright outside, allowing you look outside without folks seeing inside. /

• Noise = no problem - pool is open only from 10am to 10pm /

• Restaurant = excellent selection, large portions with great taste - average prices for AC. They also provide room service. For some reason, they allow smoking inside restaurant although there are chairs outside. //

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool. The "poolside" are ground floor - the extra cost saves you climbi...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank BEEing_There
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Come here regularly as it is the best around for what I want. Staff are always very helpful and welcoming. Great location to get everywhere from with the shuttle bus being a great service. The food was great once again, the menu provides a lot of options which are really good. Rooms always clean and tidy and have everything I need. Would 100% recommend anyone to stay here, has always been a great stay for me and I will continue to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: I would especially recommend the jacuzzi room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Both me and a friend of mine from Malaysia spent about a week at Boomerang Hotel, Angeles City

Before this we would always stay around Fields Ave

We were pretty impressed from the way the receptionist Cherry handled our email booking

She was always replying on time and always kept us informed including the taxi ride from Manila to the hotel

The hotel room was comfortable with King Sized beds and hot strong shower streams. Toiletries provided were only a bar of soap

The room was clean however the towels looked a bit aged. They also do not provide complimentary bottles of water. This had to be purchased

There were brown outs but it was rectified immediately probably by their generator

The free transport service around the city was efficient and we used it quite often. We used it to Fields Ave and also SM Mall

The staff were generally well trained and efficient

The hotel was generally safe and we did walk late at night after our late sojourns at the bars

The in house dining was a tad expensive but the portions were huge

The internet was a bit slow but then I realised there were connections at every floor you just had to pick the right connection at the right floor and you had decent connectivity at approx or more than 10 mbps which was sufficient for me

All in all a pleasant stay and will be revisiting this fine establishment again

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrB0mbastic
Reviewed 8 February 2017

After the 4 night off he'll I had in the euroasia I had escaped to the beach during that time I had been recommended the boomerang
What great and honest reception staff I asked if they had rooms and what Internet was like
Took the first room they showed me god what a comfortable bed
Internet was like the told me perfect at night a bit slow in day but always good in restaurant
Well I just loved the food there available 24 hrs a day
This is how a place should be run
Thanks guys and girls I will be back

Room Tip: Book early if you want ground floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo