“Worst Fortune found in Clark”

Fortune Hongkong Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 479 Restaurants in Angeles City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We've been customers of Fortune Restaurant for ages. The branch inside Clark that opened in March 2018 is by far the worst Fortune among all others. The chicken in pancit canton is raw; dimsums are not readily available, our order was not relayed to the kitchen which resulted to 40mins of waiting for nothing; lastly, food is served one at a time instead of all at once.

3  Thank Karen N

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The old adage that if you want find a good Chinese restaurant then look for a queue attached to it is normally a good measure. It measured up on this occasion. Fortunately our friends in Angeles City who took us out for dinner were locals and knew precisely where to go. That’s another good measure.

So not being a particular connoisseur or patron of Chinese restaurants in general I viewed the prospect with trepidation.

This place was buzzing with activity and whilst we did wait a few minutes for a table I occupied my time studying the aquatic creatures in the aquariums wondering whether my constitution could handle one. There were some interesting lobsters in there but having looked one in the eye I concluded that it didn’t like the look of me. I wouldn’t want eat something which held me a grudge.

Having eventually been seated and handed the menu which folds out to the size of a laminated broadsheet newspaper I realised that it would take time to study and had the bright idea to order the drinks straight away. Don’t let your waiters escape you at that moment. You don’t know when they’ll be back.

The choice of dishes is extensive and varied yet predominantly seafood oriented, and of very generous portions. They are all placed on a central turntable which I quite enjoyed revolving. We were a group of seven so had a large round table to accommodate us.

It’s a very bright, open plan, lively and noisy place so if your looking for something more calm and intimate then best to go elsewhere. When you have to raise your voice several octaves just to be heard, then you are really just there to eat not to dine.

Overall it serves it’s purpose very well with good quality fresh food at reasonable prices and served by attentive and agreeable staff. It would be churlish to find fault and I recommend it.

It’s clearly a very popular place especially amongst the Chinese community judging by the clientele - which must be an endorsement in itself.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Ok for meetings. Has individual rooms for discussion over a hearty meal. Basically Chinese food. Food is hot when served.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Filipinos love being full! It’s so hard to choose where to go especially when you are with family and your have parents and grandparents to consider but HERE YA GO! This place is perfect! Pricey but you get good value for money and you will absolutely be full. Food is perfect for sharing.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

The food here is good service is fairly good also. It's one of my safe choices when people ask me where to eat in Angeles because it's typical Chinese food but a bit more upscale. I've been maybe 10 times and I will definitely be back