All reviews liberty wreck deluxe room hot water mosquito net rooms are basic diving package restaurant staff balinese massage tulamben area mola mola early morning rocky beach private guide diving center free nitrox macro photography open water
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Thanks to the whole team of matahari resort !!
It is awesome value for money , food is excellent and you can walk off the beach to three awesome divesites !!! Macrolovers welcome .......
From basic rooms to deluxe bungalows they are all very nice !!!
Many thanks to the whole dive crew , especially Eda for findiing the small stuff and ketut who can take you out for a good fish ....... thanks a lot ....we will be back!!
Cheers Achim & Fiore

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I have not been diving before, and was very nervous but excited to try it. My diving instructor was great, very patient and understanding, so when it came time to move from practising in the Poole to the open water, I felt safe and supported.
What an adventure!
The resort is cozy and beautiful, the staff is very friendly, and the food was great!
I had taken one of the special packages offered through the web page, which was all inclusive, pick-up and drop-off (with some sigh-seeing included), room, food, introduction to diving, and two open water dives, the coral garden and the famous ship wreck.
I can highly recommend the place!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It is a shame that this seems quite a nice place until you see the bit at the very sea front which is decaying and really needs proper attention not just a lick of paint over the already peeling paint and crumbling concrete.

The menu is excellent and food quality good. Prices sensible and staff very pleasant. Id recommend it for food 100%.

Room tip: Ask at reception. Away from main road is best.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Suci K, Owner at Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. And yes, we will do some improvements asap at the walls at the beach.The workers will do soon.
After rainy season it is always horrable if you are sooooo close to the beach like us.
Thanks for the feeback about our food. Our TEAM in the kitchen is very happy about that. Same like myself.
Would be great to welcome you again. Warm greetings Suci

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The people of Matahari (which by the way means sunshine!) are really great. They make your stay ever so comfortable. I already stayed here three times already for diving. The location is perfect for that- right on the seashore. In front of Matahari there's a wonderful coral garden. 250 meters to the right there's a beautiful drop off (right down to over 60 meters!). And 250 meters to your left there's the USS Liberty, a 130 meters long ship wreck at a very reasonable depth (down to 30 meters max.). The early morning dives and the night dives on the Liberty are amazing....! The rooms at Matahari are good and clean. The included breakfast is good enough. Prices are here are great. I highly recommend this hotel/resort.

Room tip: The standard rooms are kinda small. The superior rooms are excellent!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Its always a pleasure to welcome you and your friends in our place, Gerard. Thanks for the nice feedback :-)

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Originally, I was just passing through and planning just to stay one night- maybe two- but after having an exceptionally wonderful time returning to diving with Matahari's expert dive crew, very polite & hardworking hotel & office staff, great hotel atmosphere and total privacy, and the most amazingly delicious food, I just decided to stay here the whole time instead, and was so glad I did! It turned out to be the best holiday ever here, and all my friends remarked how happy and relaxed I looked when I came home, so I'm giving it a double thumbs up review. For any beginner in scuba diving, this is the place to head to, as their dive crew is very polite, professional and attentive and are highly supportive of ensuring you experience a very safe and enjoyable dive -- every time. There are great sites here teeming with marine life, and the guides were enthusiastic to share their knowledge, plus I noticed the owner overseeing the operations throughout the day. In fact, each member of staff really tried to make it an exceptional experience for their guests, me included, and I think that's a reflection of a caring management, which is evident in the high standard of service among all her staff and of the place.
As a vegetarian, I was so impressed (and grateful) by the variety of choices to eat at their restaurant, so I never bothered to find another meal outside on the street. I found the prices more than reasonable for meals, the room and the spa and the ambiance of the gardens was very zen and had its own special vibe. Yep, I'll be back!! (Maria Lisa K. in Jakarta)

Room tip: All great rooms, but I like the ones nearer to the beach as they have a lovely charming 'ocean' touch in decor that makes your stay special
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Suci K, Owner at Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Maria, thanks for your amazing feedback. All of us here loved to read it and we all say hello to you.
Just for info: We will make a new menu in the next day because we extend our Thai Menu after training with our Thai friend Mon. She own a Restaurant in Thailand :-)