Cicada Luxury Townhouses
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
USD 149*
USD 98*
USD 80*
Agoda.com
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
USD 125*
USD 118*
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
USD 170*
USD 135*
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
USD 314*
USD 110*
Priceline
USD 675*
USD 679*
USD 635*
Agoda.com
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
USD 523*
USD 465*
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
USD 688*
USD 547*
Priceline
Agoda.com
All reviewsbedroom townhouseplunge poolrooftop suitemain poolexecutive studiooutdoor bathpetitenget restaurantpotato headla lucciolawater dispenserroom serviceshared poolseminyak squareevery morningalways on timewalking distancedining table
Reviewed 19 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at Cicada and we loved it. The staff were fantastic, the location was lovely, out of the hustle and bustle a bit, but close enough to enjoy all the attractions. The resort was lovely and the size and space of the villa was more than adequate. We especially loved the outdoor bathrooms and the individual attention that we were received made it a very special experience! Our private pool was equally fantastic and well used. We will definately be going back to visit Cicada and plan on holding a big birthday party there in the future....

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed at Cicada in August 2010 and I have just read a few not so positive reviews of this property and I am really disappointed as it is a such a lovely place to stay. I have travelled around the world and stayed in alot of places and Cicada would have to be one of my favourite.

My husband and I had stayed 3 nights in a large resort in Legian and found the hustle and bustle very hard to deal with. A friend had stayed at Cicada previously and could not recommend it enough to us, so we were excited to get there for 4 nights. Seminyak is a gorgeous area to stay and I don't think I would worry about staying anywhere else now if I went back to Bali.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment just next to reception. The living area and bedroom were very large and furnished just beautifully. I loved that we could prepare our own meals if we liked or we could order from room service. All meals that we ordered were of excellent quality, we also really appreciated the Illy coffee and coffee plunger that was provided. The plunge pool was a perfect size for the two of us to cool off. The main large pool just outside our gate was lovely, perfect for a swim at night. It never really got too busy that we couldn't get a lounge beside the pool to relax on during the day. The bed was so comfortable and we slept very well. The staff were always smiling and happy to help us with everything we asked. We spent alot of time in our apartment and were given alot of privacy.

The mostquitos in Bali are quite a problem as some times of the year, Cicada provided mosquito coils and we lathered on our insect repellant and only got the occassional bite. There was insect spray supplied in the room so we gave the room a spray about half an hour before bed and kept the doors shut at night. Also there are dogs roaming around the Island of Bali, best if you don't approach them, they usually pass you without any problems, they are used to alot of people being around them.

I always felt secure while at Cicada - there is a guard posted at the front of the property and it was located a short stroll from some excellent restaurants and cafes to explore. The Lounge Room (a fine dining restaurant a a short distance away from Cicada) the food was amazing and although a little more expensive than other restaurants, definitley worth a visit. It has a gorgeous setting, perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Walking back to the hotel at night was fine, but occassionally we caught a Taxi from the centre of Seminyak and it didn't cost much at all. Just be mindful to take a map of where the hotel is located as some taxi drivers may not be aware of where it is located down a quiet road off the busy street.

I loved Cicada so much I am recommending that my Mum and Dad go there this year. I really couldn't find any fault with Cicada and for those people that do, then maybe they should reconsider travelling anywhere outside their home country.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natnmaz
CicadaManagement, Owner at Cicada Luxury Townhouses, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2011

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your review.

Cicada encourages all feedback be it good and bad to grow, improve and enhance our services in a manner that is conducive to our guests needs.

Feedback allows us to monitor what these needs are and implement the necessary changes to appease a situation thus preventing it re-occuring to another guest.

Occasionally other mitigating factors, in our experience, during one's stay such as illness and weather may cloud one's judgement. The opinion aired may not only be of our establishment but Bali in general given the experience had at the time and that is one's prerogative to divulge to other travellers.

It is appreciated to hear and learn of your experience unbiased by weather or mosquitos or dogs - they are a part of Bali and one cannot pretend otherwise.

Your account of your stay with us is received with thanks not only by Management, whom matter the least, but by those that turn up to work every day and are affected by the less happy experiences posted - perhaps not related to the Resort where they earn their living. They are happy to do what they do best. Please others and just do their job well. We thank you.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We've found our special place in Bali
after our 5th visit Cicada still delivers on every level
1. Quiet spot but just minutes from the beach and best restaurants

2. Exceptional value
after many stays in private villas we've experienced nothing like this quality at this price

3. Stable staff the same faces every visit suggest a happy team with management doing everything right

If you appreciate individual style,attention to details and cheerful attentive service the you
will love Cicada

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jen173112
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed for 4 nights at the Cicada and had a fabulous time. The staff were outstanding as was the villa we stayed in. We had the one bedroom which was so lovely it was more than we could have wished for. It is alittle bit away from the main strip of Seminyak which we liked as it was very secluded and private. It is only a short walk away to the main centre so its in the perfect location. We had our New Years Eve dinner at the villa with some friends. The service and food on offer was really exceptional and we had a very enjoyable evening. The outdoor swimming pool is lovely and the water feature is amazing. I cannot say enough about this place we both loved it and would recommend this to anyone. It was really sad to leave. We will defiantely go back for a visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda255060
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My wife and I returned to Cicada Villas for the 4th time in December 2010. As with all past visits all aspects of the stay were above expectations. Staff remembered our names, also providing a birthday cake for my wifes 50th birthday.
The pool was crystal clear and inviting as ever, being away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta gave us time to do nothing more than swim and read, a perfect 7 day break in beautiful surroundings.
We would recommend Cicada Villas to anyone looking for a break in Bali, whether it be a couple or family.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple