“My favourite breakfast spot”
Review of Grain

Grain
Ranked #23 of 570 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: GRAIN is the new face of coffee and food in central Seminyak. Featuring our own original coffee blend, an all day breakfast and lunch and dinner menu. We also have a fresh juice bar using the latest juicing technology to extract all of the fruit into one glass. All served in air-conditioned comfort downstairs or the breezy upstairs terrace garden. With ample parking and fibre optic wifi. GRAIN now also offers daily Tarot Readings from Wednesday till Sunday, 1PM until 5PM. Reservations essential alongside and afternoon tea package. We also offer an evening Tapas menu and cocktail and wine list.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I walked past here on my first day in Bali and I've ended up visiting almost every day since. The coffee is awesome, breakfast is always delicious, the vibe laid back and the staff so lovely. I would recommend that everyone eats here but I don't want to lose my seat!

admin2015, Manager at Grain, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi there and thanks for such an awesome review!

Thanks for your great comments on the food and our coffee. Our aim is to provide a consistent and quality cup to our customers everyday, and our baristas train regularly to ensure the coffee is always at its best! It is so great to hear that you have come back here daily, we really appreciate your return patronage!

Thanks again for your review and please, tell all your friends about how much you loved us ;)

The Grain Family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Just stubbled across, advertising Sunday lamb roast so new had to have an Aussie or Kiwi chef. He is a Queenslander and came to our table asking how our meal was, had a real long chat, nice touch.

I'm a bit of a when in Rome do as the Romans do as far as my limited Kiwi palate lets me. The Satay was fine, my partner had a pear salad which she raved over and is going back for. By next Sunday the Roast will probably tempt me. Cost about $NZ40 with a couple of glasses of Californian pinot gris

Good place good value recommended

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We went to grain daily during our 8 days In Bali along with a lunch and a dinner visit great food, friendly staff who were more than helpful and polite. I am a fussy eater and had a great menu for me. Enjoyable meals and generous portions. Would definitely recommend and revisit on my next trip

Hi there and thanks for such an awesome review!

Thanks for your great comments on our food and wonderful staff. Thanks so much for returning every day, this is just wonderful!! We hope you enjoyed your time in Bali and very much look forward to seeing you again the next time you are here.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Overrated and overpriced bfast. Friendly staff but the food is bellow average. Not getting the satisfaction we are seeking from bali international cafes. Need improvement. Ordered french toast was hoping it would par with sisterfields but apparently not.

Hi there.

We are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't everything that you had hoped. Generally we receive great reviews for our food including our children's meals, as is clearly evident here on this forum. It is a shame that we missed the mark this time, however we are confident our regular product is much higher than a 1 star rating. We understand your disappointment, but an order of French Toast, which was modified from our original menu offering is not a great reflection of the high standards that many of our other guests have obviously experienced.

Hopefully you find the satisfaction you seek this trip!!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We visited grain a few times for lunch during our stay. On our last day the head chef/owner came around the restaurant chatting to diners. He is Australian and obviously passionate about food. Can highly recommend the cherry tomato tarts, Nasi goreng and the desserts are awesome particularly the lemon meringue in a glass with berries. A great menu with lots of variety as well as all day breakfast. Will definitely return to grain on any future visits to Bali.

Hi there and thanks for such an awesome review!

Thanks for your great comments on the food, and also for coming back several times whilst you were here. It is great to hear that our guests feel they can return on their holidays, as we have designed a large menu that encourages just that!