“Bali Umalas-Retreat Villa 2”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Paul M
“Nice villa but not a gem”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

Well-furnished villa as advertised in the pictures. Komang cooked for us and was pleasant to talk to although his English was approximate. However, for such a well-rated and high-scale property we were disappointed with the noise (loud water pump, kindergarden adjacent to the villa) and cleanliness (dirty toilet bowl, shower head clogged with limescale). On our last day we had the disturbing experience of receiving guidelines for how much we should tip the villa staff which were grossly exaggerated, above anything we've seen in Bali.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Natalie E
“Bali Umalas-Retreat Villa 2”
Reviewed 5 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My partner, Buster and I stayed at the beautiful Umalas-Retreat in Villa 2 for 9 days. It was an exotic, wonderful break from Australia and Villa 2 was 5 star as was the butler, I Komang and drivers, Mr I Putu and I Noman. The villa was always immaculate, tastefully decorated. We had everything you could possibly need, on a break, and more The villa had a relaxed and serene ambience with a yoga studio and farm land directly next door, complete with a cow grazing. It is a 10 min cab ride to Seminyak beach ($4AUD) where you can swim, surf, shop and do lunch at Chez Gado Gado on right on the water. Stunningly well done for holiday makers.
During our stay, our host (and kind friend) Mrs Kay showed us that all requests during our stay were promptly taken care of. Nothing was too much trouble.
During our stay, my partner Buster and I experienced 'true bali' as well as 'modern bali, experiencing, among the many highlights, Tirta Holy Water Blessings Temple near Ubud in the mountains, one of the many sea temples around Bali's coastline, Tanah Lot (I think there are 8 sea temples), Mt Kintamani/Mt Agung, Seminyak and the Bali Marine Park and Zoo in Denpasar. This is a world class conservationalist zoo, which is on par, with Australia Zoo in Beerwah. Its mind blowing with indonesian, indian AND african animals. The animals are treated like royalty, as they should be! I feed a white bengal tiger,Keishza and Buster and I rode elephants going right up to zebras and rhinoceroses.One of the few places on planet earth where, as a traveller, you can have this rare experience. The Balinese people are gentle, proud and caring. This was displayed in the day to day interactions, in particular, with our Villa 2 Chef I Komang, whose wife hails from the descendant of the King of Java, who brought his family to Bali, 300 years ago. Komang cooked 5 star Balinese meals, he was well organised, honest and gave us most thoughtful travel tips to see the real Balinese peoples and their way of life, which still goes on today, in certain pockets in Bali. Umalas Retreat Villa 2 is an experience, not just another destination, for true travellers and lovers of seeing the world and different cultures. Thankyou Mrs Kay, I Komang, I Nomang, Mr Putu and a special thankyou to the peoples of Bali. Namastexo

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely villas and perfect for our large group.”
Reviewed 14 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We were a large group of two families and had a fantastic stay at Umalas retreat 2 and 4. The villas have everything you need, the pool is great and the kids were in it/them morning till night. Kay is so friendly and had some great tips on where to go etc. Also the lead up to the holiday she responded very quickly to my emails. Our chef and housekeeper Yuni was wonderful and even organised (together with my mom and husband) an amazing traditional Balinese suckling pig dinner for my twin sister and my 40th birthdays. Will definitely be back in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Leesie W
“Beautiful paradise”
Reviewed 31 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

My best friend and i stayed 4 nights and we were more than impressed. The villa is very well equipped. The pool was great to cool down everyday. Kohman was lovely. He is very flexible with our plans. And the bonus is there are great cafes in the area. It's not in the heart of seminak but we were happy to be away from the craziness and be in tranquility. Would highly recommend

Rachel B
“The Perfect Start to our Bali Adventure”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We had the joy of being able to stay at Umalas Retreat 2 for 4 night for the beginning of our Bali holiday.
All I can say is WOW! The staff are lovely, Komang looked after us every day, cooking us breakfast and making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed.
The accommodation was beautiful, you walk through the doors into a private paradise of your own.
Whether you want to relax by the pool or in the pool, read a book on the sun bed, explore the local sites or go into Seminyak, you are close to everything.
We were even invited to enjoy a traditional Balinese feast of suckling pig with another villa. It was amazing and we felt so welcome by all the staff, security and other villa guests.
Highly recommended to anyone who is coming to Bali. I will be telling all of my friends!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing