“Great food in lovely surroundings”
Review of Bambu

Bambu
Ranked #15 of 573 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Not cheap by local standards but beautifully flavoured Indonesian inspired (I use the word inspired ) cooking, well presented by friendly attentive staff. Simple but fun desert menu based on simple pancake/rice ball/sago variations but delicious. Reasonable prices by global standards and a good way to treat yourself to above average food. Drink bill could run up very quickly if you were not careful.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,262)

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

If you want something very special then this is the place.
The place is so tranquil with atmospheric lighting, relaxing music and mood lighting. The staff are super attentive and the food is delicious. This is a special restaurant that's worth a visit. Yes, it's pricy for Bali, but worth a special treat!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

There are so many fine eateries in the Seminyak-Petittenget area now and one has to be wary of eye-watering prices, so we booked Bambu only after powerful recommendations from people we trust. We weren't disappointed - the food was very good and the much-heralded ambience equal to the reports.
More importantly, we felt unhurried and expertly served; the staff seemed settled and well-trained and it was a most agreeable experience, without a blistering bill at the end.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We visited bambu whilst honeymooning in seminyak in September 2017. I was really looking forward to trying to food as previous reviews I had read had been really positive . We didn't book ahead - probably should have maybe for better service / table. Anyway we were seated after around a half hour wait in the bar area which was lovely, cocktails were fab too, really enjoyed the lychee Mojito type cocktail !

When we were seated unfortunately we were seated at the bottom of another groups table! Fair enough we hadn't booked but I found it intrusive for both the other group and my husband and myself. The large group were also celebrating a birthday and were quite rightly pretty noisy so kind of awkward seating for a couple .

We ordered the tiger prawn soup to start which was really disappointing, 2 prawns in a very watery soup , very very small portion. The mains were better I had a chicken curry which had a nice heat and flavour . We ordered sweet corn fritter sides and another side of rice to share. All very small portions.

The staff were also unfortunately much less hospitable in this restaurant than they were everywhere else we visited in Bali where people are so friendly !! I don't know if it was because they were really busy but there was a lot of talking between themselves when serving food, bringing wrong food etc.

The restaurant is beautiful , the food is nice if in small portions but I did leave feeling underwhelmed by service and pretty hungry. It was also by far the most expensive meal we had in Bali so I just expected it to be good ! Wish we had booked as I have a feeling our experience may have been different.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The ambience is lovely but the food ok... nothing special.. won't be going back.. service was great.. perhaps a bit too attentive!