I was very apprehensive at booking and staying at a villa for our family holiday but after much research on the TA website I decided on Dyana Villas in Seminyak.
In the beginning it was worrying as the road leading to the villa was a small and you would not belive that a hotel was waiting at the end of it but what awaited us at the end of the road was simply delightful. My famly of 12 were just so happy with the villa. It was a 4 rooms villa with a sitting room and dining room downstairs while the TV room sat above the dining room. The kids immediately declared their intent to sleep there instead of the bedroom. (Kids!) This is the perfect villas for big families. The 4 rooms surround the pool so it was pretty cozy and convenient for everyone as we satm chatted and sipped our drinks.
Every morning, our "butlers" Nengah and Putu would prepared our breakfast to perfection in a matter of minutes. We had pancakes/baguettes, eggs, bacon/sausages, juices. Never did a simple breakfast seem so delicious. All our laundry were washed in the morning and back by 4 pm. Efficient or what! Please don't bring too many clothes. Leave the space in your luggage for your shopping. : )
For our dinner, we had the choice of a 5 minute walk out to the main street or ordering in (they are pretty ast deliveries and yummy - Lesong Padi was our favourite and the ox tail soup was on the top of the list) or getting our "butlers" to cook us a downright fantastic Indonesian meal!
The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach which isnt much to talk about but there are other places you can go visit. There are a variety of shops near the villa but I would advise you to visit Sukawati market. The prices are so so so cheap but please make sure you bargain hard. We came back with tons of pictures, carvings, clothes, costume jewellery, local musical instruments and so forth. Make sure you leave early. The 1st trip took us almost 3 hours to get there. We left at about 10 am. The next trip we left at 7.30 am. About 1/2 hours to get there. There are 2 market buildings with another general market. Make sure you go down the lane between the 2 main markets and head to the bottom of the lane where there is market housing many many many small stalls selling wooden carvings at prices that beat the main markets. Be ready to be in a sauna as it can get very hot in the markets. Make sure you drink lots of water. If you are at the market there is a mini mart across it where you can get the cold small bottles of water for Rp2000-00. In the market you may have to pay a bit more.
There is a shopping center near the villa called Krishna which basically sells most of the general stuff you can find at Sukawati but in a more comfortable air conditioned environment. It is good for getting all the last minute stuff you forgot at Sukawati.
We hired a Suzuki AVP with driver from firstname.lastname@example.org. Our driver was called Kadek and he was fantastic. You can email Agus who will arrange for his vehicle to pick you up. As Kadek was so good we requested him as our driver for our 2nd shopping spree. Cost was Rp350,000-00 for unlimited time. Bring along some cold water though as it is not included in the costs. Some companies provide water as part of their package but as there are so many mini marts it was no issue.
Should you want to change money, make sure you go to licensed and authorised money changers. Be also very careful to ensure that you receive the correct amount and count your money several times before leaving. We almost lost Rp2,000,000-00 had my husband not been vigilant. I had counted the money twice correctly but the guy started being funny touching the money several times. I mean he was fast. My husband insisted on counting the money again and that when the guy insisted we pass the money back to him to be recounted. My husband refused and when we recounted the money Rp2,000,000-00 was missing. Luckily, we had always counted the money in front of him so he could no accuse us of pocketing the Rp2,000,000-00. He just took back his money without complaint. We went to another money changer with a lower rate and what a relief it was. No hassle and funny business.
Our kids ended up at the Odyssey Surf School and enjoyed every moment of it. They arrange to pick you up and take very good care of you.
We also visited Bali Green Spa which will arrange pick up at a convenient time. Both my husband and I enjoyed the massage and regretted that we were unable to fit more sessions between the shopping and kids. My brither and sister inlaw tried the Spa Bali which is just at the junction to our hotel and commented that the massage there was good as well. We will have to try there next.
As you may have gathered by now, we shopped to our hearts content and luckily, upon request Dyana ws able to get us boxes, tape and string to pack our stuff. We were so pampered there that when we had to leave today, my kids made me promise to go back to Dyana for our next holiday and this promise is definitely a keeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dyana Villas is Located in the center of Seminyak, our villas are conveniently surrounded by cafes, night clubs, shopping and dining options. It provides homely and private villas with outdoor private pools, patios and well-equipped kitchens. For guest's convenience, the villas come with highly trained staff offering massage and maid services (daily from 8am-4pm). There is also reception desk open daily from 8am-6pm which helps guests organize excursions to explore the region. Shuttle services are also available (with charge) Dyana Villas is only 800 meters from Seminyak Beach and 20 minutes to the famous Kuta area. It takes 30 minutes by car from Ngurah Rai Airport to the villas. Each villa is fitted with luxurious furnishings and terracotta flooring. They all come with entertainment facilities like a flat-screen satellite TV and a DVD player. A free baby cot/high chair is provided upon request (subject to availability) All villas have open private dining rooms, large seating areas and a semi-outdoor bathroom some with a bathtub and jacuzzi. Toiletries and a hairdryer are provided. Dyana Villas has all it takes to make your Bali holidays unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Dyana Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dyana Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Dyana Villas Seminyak, Bali