The Royal Beach Seminyak - Mum, Dad & 5 yo. daughter stayed 5 nights in March 2012
STAFF: Beautiful! Forget if they can actually do their jobs well (which they can BTW), they are all just so smiley, welcoming & warm. You are greeted everywhere you go around the resort and it just makes you feel so welcome. We went from this resort to another in Sanur and whilst it was a great place we were hardly ever greeted and it really made us feel differently about our stay. Well done to you Royal Beach for making guests feel like they are at home not just another visitor!
ROOM: We had booked a deluxe room but were lucky enough to receive an upgrade to a beach front Villa. It was heaven! You walk in through your private front gate to a beautiful courtyard complete with table & 4 chairs, umbrella, cabana, plunge/whirl pool & gorgeous veranda. The gardens are beautiful and each day someone comes and sweeps the grass & paths as well as cleans the pool. The Villa is great. The bedroom is huge complete with king size bed, mosquito net, desks air conditioning & TV. The ceiling is high with a view of the traditional thatching. The bathroom has separate bath & shower and has all the bits & bobs you would need (toothbrush, paste, sewing kit, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, nail care, etc). There is a kitchen with small full size fridge and an instant espresso machine - the coffee pods are delicious!
POOLS: There are 2. The main pool just back from the beach is large and has several features such as a bridge, statues & kiddies wading pool to keep your children intrigued. Always clean and with a gorgeous out look. The 2nd pool is hidden in the garden and it great too. The outlook is lush gardens and the hotel rooms beyond. Each morning signs are put out at both pools requesting guests NOT to leave their towels out unattended for more than half an hour so everyone can have a chance of a sun lounge - this is great in theory but doesn't always work. Also some times all lounges are full and you have nowhere to sit but soon enough one becomes available - could be tricky in high season.
FOOD: Breakfast buffet is good with many options from the standards of eggs, bacon & sausages to a japanese corner, Indonesian options & lots of sweet pastries. Yummy! Room service was good with all the usual suspects such as club sandwiches, spag bol as well as nasi goreng etc. Delivered hot & on time it's a winner. You can enjoy drinks & food around the pool or out on the lawn. Again food is good.
SPA: We received a massage each as part of our accommodation package. It was delightful! You are in your own private room with gentle music & it smells great. Our massage therapist was so professional & we each really enjoyed our hour long massage. The manager worked with us to fit us in before we had to check out.
SECURITY: A huge presence at the front driveway with each vehicle being checked both in the car & the boot. There are also security personnel at the beach which gives a holidaying family huge peace of mind.
LOCATION: Close to some local shops, but a short taxi ride to Eat Street. We walked south on the beach path to the Padma then cut inland and along to the Bintang Supermarket all with a 5 year old. An easy stroll if you have lots of time & don't mind a pit stop here and there for a Bintang : )
FAULTS: I am struggling to come up with any! Let me think.... no can't think of any : ) Thank you very much for an excellent 5 night stay & start t our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection