“Most unique hotel I have ever stayed”
Review of Luna2

Luna2
Ranked #14 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Only 14 rooms, we were treated like guests in someone's home...we had the Sunset view room, great views to the water. Room was very unique and large. Jessica, Helmut, as managers were more than that, assisting with restaurant recommendations and our every need...Alana the Chef prepared a special meal for us for dinner one nite, it was wonderful...Breakfast was always special. The pool area was unique and very nice, we mostly had it to ourselves. Beach was close, 50 meters or so and nice folks on the beach. Had massages in room, a vehical/driver avail for our shopping. Also we had the movie theater by ourselves, watched great movies(3)

Room Tip: Hotel was 100% booked, no noise, we liked our room very much...Sunset View
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomthompson2000
Jessica L, Front Office Manager at Luna2, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear tomthompson2000

Many thanks for staying with us at Luna2 studiotel and for taking the time to post such a kind review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and especially in the one-of-a-kind sunset studio. I am also thrilled that you were able to experience everything that we have to offer - massages in your room, car & driver, and even a private movie cinema. I will also be happy to share your kind words about the dinner on to Chef Alanna and her team.
We hope to welcome you back to Luna2 in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Jessica

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Don't be put off by the location which is at the end of some funky alley way. Luna 2 is funky and hip and if you are an Austin Powers fan ... you'll swear he'll show up "Baby".. The gals who work there are in mini dresses and go go boots. There is art depicting rubix cubes, large Monopoly hotels and houses and funk-a-delic art. The pool and surrounding area is amazing. This hotel features a 16 seat movie theater with two different movie showings every day. You can even order dinner to eat while you watch. Be sure and go to the Orbit Bar and do not miss trying one of their signature cocktails "Houston, We Have a Problem". The rooms are just as funky and each has its signature motif. The beach is a mere 30 second walk and the water was the perfect temperature to dive right in. The food here is some of the most creative and delicious you will try in all of Bali. Be sure to ask to meet Head Chef Alana. Her culinary cuisine expertise will wow your palette. Also see if you can try the new "In-Flight" meal in your room. Wonderful and personable staff, close to the beach and a short taxi ride to shopping in Seminyak. This is a quaint and fabulous hotel and you will be glad you chose the Luna 2.

Room Tip: Try to select a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank donnafig
Luna2_Bali, Front Office Manager at Luna2, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Dear donnafig

Thank you for writing such a kind review on Luna2 studiotel. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.
I am thrilled you were able to experience so many of the superstar services that we provide for our guests, from dinners in Orbit to movies in Lunaplex cinema. I will also be sure to pass your comments on to Melanie Hall, Luna2 founder and designer. She will be pleased to read your compliments on the design and décor. I will also send your kind words to Chef Alanna and her team, as well.
We appreciate you recommending people to choose Luna2 and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I was convinced that staying in this hotel will be a good change from the usual Bali villas & resort that I stayed in before but I realized in few hours that it was not for me.

Pros:
Clean, modern & new feel to it.
Loved the music played in the room.
Martini served on arrival was great.
Closeness to the beach
Service is good. It's what you get in a good hotel but we missed the personal touch we get from service crews in Bali villas

It felt like it's a good option for a work- business trip. However, I was there for holiday.

Cons:
It gives you a hotel feel vibe & forget that you are in Bali. It might be great for others, but not for me.

Breakfast was ok not great. Maybe I had high expectation after reading the reviews. The food looked like it has been outside, displayed for a while.

Swimming pool was un-inviting for me. But i liked the art wall.

It's a very quiet hotel. I only saw 1 couple during my 5 day stay.

It's a bit of a walk to everything else except the beach. So we had to use taxi to go mostly everywhere when it was raining or late at night.

Taxis did not know this hotel. But I understand that it's because it's new.

I was disappointed with the pillows quality & how few of them are available. With the price paid, I expected luxury sheets , pillows & covers.

I stayed on first floor in a studio called bond on street.

Overall, I think it's s good studiotel but not for me. I wish the reviews had more details which could've helped me with my decision. Also note that although close to the beach, if you want clean area to lie on the beach, you will need to go towards the neighboring resorts. Also when we walked to the beach, we saw the Luna hotel. Although we didn't go in that hotel, the swimming pool looked more interesting & less inclosed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank tinakh1
Luna2_Bali, Front Office Manager at Luna2, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Dear Tinakh1

Thank you for taking the time to write such broad and in-depth feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate your pro’s and I sincerely apologise you feel this way relating to your con’s. We do understand that with the stark white and colourful interiors and pop art throughout Luna2 studiotel, the design is not what everyone looks for when they visit Bali. However, we are happy to provide a chic, ultra-modern and fun alternative for those who have been to the island before or are looking for a hotel with a more cosmopolitan feel. We have noted your all of your points and will be discussing at our executive meeting on how we can rectify them. We are grateful for you to bring them to our attention, with items to improve on such as the breakfast, sheets, pillows etc.
Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. Rest assured we do not take your con’s lightly.
At Luna2 we are proud to say we are #1, and it is great regret that we failed to deliver on our aim to provide you with superstar service during your stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

This hotel is very unique and I never experienced before. The design is very sophisticated, hi-tech and so futuristic. My kids love this hotel so much. However since I prefer the more conventional Balinese hotel, I put 4 stars on this review. Anyway, this hotel is recommended, and I think everyone must try the experience.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank andygreco
Luna2_Bali, Front Office Manager at Luna2, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear andygrecco

Thank you for choosing to experience Luna2 this stay in Bali. We certainly agree that Luna2 is not a “traditional Balinese”, though we are a favourite spot for travellers who are looking for something fresh and new, and who enjoy ultra-modern and fun design. We pride ourselves on being one-of-a-kind, while also offering superstar and personalised services for all of our guests. I am delighted to hear that your kids loved staying with us, as our team enjoys going above and beyond for travellers of all ages.
Even though we do understand that many travellers to Bali are looking for a more traditional experience, we thank you for giving us a try and recommending that others do as well. On your next trip to Bali, even if you don’t stay with us, we hope you will come see us for dinner in Orbit restaurant or sunset cocktails in Space.
Thank you again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

My partner and I spent 2 nights at Luna2 Studiotel back in May 2016. Honestly, from the moment we were picked up from the airport (in a brand new mini-van, complete with a range of refreshments), I knew we were in for a treat! Although Luna2 is not what you would expect of Balinese accommodation, it is truly a phenomenal space. The interiors are a fun mish mash of mod, retro, and futurism, with lots of primary colour play. As there are only 14 rooms, you have a fair bit of space to yourself in your room, and you have a great view of the colourful pool from your own private balcony. With it's own cinema, a pool with pool toys, and an underground nightclub, Luna2 is perfect for adults and children (... and big children).

A highlight for me was most definitely the gourmet dinner we had at their restaurant, Orbit. Hotel food has never been that darn good! We had a great choice of wine and cocktails, and the staff were super friendly!

Luna2 is only about a 50m walk to the Seminyak beach front (their private hotel/villa is all that sits between the studiotel and the beach) and it is about a 5 minute drive to the Petitenget area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique C
Luna2_Bali, Front Office Manager at Luna2, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Monique C

It was a pleasure to have you and your partner stay with us at Luna2 studiotel in May.
We are thrilled we were able to provide an out-of-this-world stay for you from the moment you were picked up at the airport. It is fantastic you got to experience all aspects of Luna2, from relaxing on your private balcony to enjoying a decadent degustation dinner Orbit restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our culinary team for the dinner experience.
We hope you can come back to watch a movie in Lunaplex cinema or to have more drinks in Space, our rooftop bar. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jessica lee cook