We stayed here as a group of 12 in February to celebrate a birthday and it turned out to be a great choice!
The Villa itself is centrally located, but very quiet (apart from us!). It is about a two minute walk to spas, shops and restauarants and maybe ten minutes to the beach. We didn't actually spend time on the beach which was dirty with trash everywhere.
The staff were fabulous - friendly and helpful from the start. The owner, Nathan, called in the first morning and helped us with plans and bookings for the various activities for the week. The communal areas both inside and out are very spacious as are the bedrooms. There were hardly any mossies around even though it was the wet season, however, each night electric repellants were turned on. I certainly have more mossies here at home than there were there.
We enjoyed the pool and the grounds which although not extensive were kept clean. In fact, the whole place was very clean and tidy - as an ex-B&B owner, I do know!
Breakfast was great too - we all put our requests from a more than adequate menu Nasi Goreng was just yummy) the previous night so that shopping could be done. We did give a time, although we didn't always keep to it and the girls handled it all wonderfully.
To celebrate the birthday, a dinner was put on for us, more of a feast really, delicious and plentiful.
I also loved the fact that there was fresh, chilled bottled water on tap all the time and this water was used by the staff in any cooking that was done.
Thank you very much we all enjoyed our stay.
Wouldn't hesitate in a heart beat to recommend this villa for location, staff, food and value. Excellent home away from home.
We had a great time at Villa Amaya. Perfect location and close to the beach and everything else one could ask for in Legian and Seminyak.
The Villa has a great design and layout. Nice pool and kitchen area, very open and spacious. We encountered no problems whatsoever during our stay.
Highly recommend this place for people that want a centrally located holiday house.
I was part of the party that stayed over christmas and the new year. I just wanted to counter some of the misleading comments made by the owner. My husband tried to be balanced in his review pointing out the good and the bad - hoping that you would take on board areas where your villa could improve.
1. There were 15 of us, 10 adults, two just 3 year olds, one 15 month baby and twins aged 8 months (we provided the carry cots and their diets). So I suggest the owner exaggerates the issues caused by numbers - effectively he is saying three infants was the problem????
2. As for 11 adults, maybe you have forgotten when we asked you to provide mattresses for the two 3 year olds, you counted that as 1 adult?
3. We in the UK have sufferred 2 months of torrential rain and floods, (you may have read about it), but our rooves have not leaked like Villa Amaya.
4. If there is no main drainage, then there are alternatives which should, if well maintained, provide alternatives.
5. To expect 10 adults to go to a single sitting for breakfast is not practical (we are not at boarding school, we are on holiday) - suggest that you amend this feature to "breakfast is served between, eg 8am to 9am etc which is what most B&Bs actually do. Oh and we forgot to mention that staff boiling water in a saucepan for tea as there was no kettle, did strike us as odd, but this was remidied PDQ.
Lastly I would suggest making responses as you have, doesn't necessarily enhance the attractiveness of your Villa
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|
I had friends who were coming to Bali and wanted to have 5 bedroom villa in Seminyak at a good value. So I found them villa amaya after being impressed during a visit.
I Was very impressed with the pool, lounge / kitchen areas and living rooms which allowed people to relax and chill out comfortably yet still hang out together as a group.
I ended up staying with my friends for few of the nights. And it was nice to able to walk to the beach and shops thanks to the villa location.
And service was great.