“Dream Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Singapore, Singapore
“Dream Stay”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

The location of the villa and the service provided by Sandrine and her team is unparalleled. This was my second visit. The villa is as dreamy as ever, located perfectly close to all the amenities (Bintang Supermarket is less than 10 min on foot) yet so quiet that one can forget all your daily stress and relax completely.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
4 Nov 2017
Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure to receive nice guests like you.
Our reward is to know our customers fully satisfied
Tracey122...
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Ms”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Absolutely perfect. Mimi was our star. Clean and beautiful. As seasoned travellers to bali (twice yearly) we will definitely come back

Bev A
“Comfortable, plenty of room, relaxed atmosphere.”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We really enjoyed staying here, much more relaxing than staying in a hotel. There is a cab rank just down the little road and also a café/bar that we sometimes visited.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It wasn't
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Linda F
“Great Location, Great Staff, Disappointing Villa”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I really wanted to be able to give this Villa a 5 star review but unfortunately I must agree with the previous reviewer. This was my fourth trip to Bali and the first for my two travelling companions. Like the previous reviewer, I have always stayed in private villas which I have chosen after many hours of research and reading reviews of previous guests. La Dolce Villa was no different. May I start by saying that the communication from the owner and the Manager, Sandrine was excellent even though I did find it a little strange that my final confirmation list of requests was met with a negative response from Alain, the owner even though we had discussed and he had approved all of those requests in several emails leading up to our stay. Fortunately, Sandrine in her infinite wisdom came to the rescue and made sure that all of our requests were attended to. Thank you so much for that Sand! We experienced our first problem upon our arrival at the Airport where our Driver was nowhere to be found. This would have completely unnerved a first time traveller to be confronted with all those taxi drivers in your face trying to solicit business. I understand that he was held up in traffic - this happens in Bali a lot but first impressions do count so maybe allow more time than is needed in future? When we finally arrived at the villa, Sandrine was there to greet us and advised that we could not use one of the bathrooms yet because there were tradesmen working on the shower. I did not have a problem with this until I attempted to have a shower that night and there was no sign whatsoever of any hot water. Sandrine was very prompt to respond and came straight to the villa the next morning to 'fix' the problem. Unfortunately, that problem continued throughout my stay and it does appear that this is an ongoing issue at the villa. I did not bother to complain any further as I do get it, it's Bali! The next problem occurred when we tried to activate the pool light on our first night. It didn't work and the ambience we were so looking forward to was non existent. Sandrine promptly arranged for someone to come and fix the light and while he was there we asked if he could fix the water feature on the wall overlooking the pool which also was not working. Apparently it needed a new pump which Sandrine purchased and bought back to the villa exclaiming that they were doing all this work just for us!! Would it not be an expectation that these facilities would be functioning already? I didn't dare ask for the other water feature behind the lounge area to be fixed as it looked as though it hadn't been used in a very long time! This once beautiful Villa is in desperate need of some major TLC and a detailed and thorough spring clean. As lovely as Mimi is, her cleaning skills do leave a lot to be desired. I think the word 'tired' is probably a little too generous. It is quite obvious that this Villa was once exactly as described and shown in the photos but the very obvious wear and tear and lack of proper maintenance has certainly taken its toll on many areas around the property. It would be lovely to see this Villa restored to its former glory and I do sincerely hope that the owners spend some time and money in giving it the attention it deserves.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location, the ambience at night, the quiet neighbourhood
Liked least: The overall state of the property
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Nov 2016
I'm really sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at La Dolce Villa.

May I respond to your comments:
- Concerning the delay of the driver at the airport: I am very sorry. He is not our employee but we regularly work with him and this is the first time I get this claim. Sorry.
- Sorry if there was a tradesmen when you arrived but it shows that when there is a problem, we treat it quickly. You acknowledge that Sandrine was able to respond quickly to your requests: hot water problem (a simple adjustment of the temperature knob!), electrical problems, ...
- You are right: the house needed some renovations. We already had planned some works (painting in some rooms, change the thatched roof gazebo, ...) works that has been made before the publication of your review. I can send you pictures if you want to show you that this villa was " restored to its former glory and the owners spend some time and money in giving it the attention it deserves"
- Thank you for rating Sandrine that she responded to all your requests quickly including requests out of her job duties .
- Thank you for having noted the quality of our communication before booking. However I do not agree about your comment "I did find it a little strange that my final confirmation list of requests was met with a negative response from Alain, the owner even though we had discussed and he had approved all of those requests in several emails leading up to our stay" :
* On Feb 24th: You asked me to have "a full time maid/butler who will be required to cook breakfast every day, prepare some meals, snacks and drinks etc along with the usual housekeeping duties"
I answered you: Our maid can do housekeeping and prepare your breakfast (food not included), but she stop to work at 1 or 2pm.
It is possible to have another person to prepare some meals or drinks . Price will be about 10-15$/day."
* On April 10th, I confirmed you that:
1- Breakfast are not included but our staff can prepare the breakfast for you (food not included, it's depends what you want)
2- I offer you the airport transfer on your arrival
3- and I gave you a special price

* On April 13th: you confirmed your booking
* On July 22th: You asked me for a late check out; I accepted…for free.
* On September 9th, you asked me:
- a free airport transfer: I accepted
- Breakfast every day: I said yes and precised that food is not included (but we provide tea, coffee ...)
- You asked to-have 24 beers + soda + lime + milk + ...: I answered you that it's a rental villa and we can not do shopping for you, ... but Sandrine did it for free and to please you!
- You asked for massages on your arrival: I said yes and asked to Sandrine to organize.
- You asked to-have one person to serve drinks and snacks during the day: I said we do not provide this service but you will see with the manager (you never confirmed that you accepted to pay one person $ 10-15 / day for that - see my email on Feb 24th)
- ...

I also disagree about the housekeeper Mimi: We are very demanding about cleanliness of the villa and all our customers are satisfied so far with the work of Mimi.

One last point: it is certain that there are more beautiful villas in Seminyak offering better services but the price is not the same ! Our customers find that we have an excellent value for money.

I invite you to renew your experience at La Dolce Villa and I would be happy to offer you excellent conditions to make you forget your inconvenience.

Kind regards

Sally W
“Good location, average villa”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We have had several very enjoyable holidays in Bali and always stay in self contained Villas. We rely on the reviews on trip advisor and other booking sites to be accurate so that we can make an informed decision about which accommodation to book. La Dolce Villa in Seminyak is in a really good position - it’s quiet and an easy stroll to the main street where there is good shops and restaurants but that is where the accuracy of the reviews for this Villa ends. We found it to be in need of a renovation. ‘Tired’ would be a good description – examples are lots of cracked and lifting tiles around the pool, curtains that clearly used to be white are now grey and torn, a mouldy and broken shade umbrella, cracked kitchen benchtop and cracked baths and on and on. The one negative review on trip Advisor (1 out of 27) was actually truthful – the hot water disappears in about one minute after turning on the showers and the baths would take hours to fill with the water pressure and it would be a cold bath at that! The mosquitos are very bad, which, while this is expected in Bali, is usually manageable if you have nets in your bedroom but the room with the single beds only had a decorative bit of cloth rather than the full nets that are in the pictures. Even when we sprayed with insecticide, the gaps in the doors to the larger of the 3 bedrooms were so big that we were bitten every night. The hair dryer in one of the rooms was a serious hazard – it didn’t blow air and element was glowing bright red and the handle became too hot to hold. When this was pointed out to Mimi, the housekeeper, she took it and put it in the bottom kitchen drawer when clearly it should have been thrown out immediately. There were only 2 bowls in the crockery cupboard which seems absurd for a villa that sleeps 7.

Sandrine, although chatty, pleasant and helpful when we met her in person was not good at responding in a timely way, or fully, to our emails and, when she did, the communication left a lot of unanswered questions. Our last day was very stressful (which diminished the serenity we usually feel after Bali time) because she had not only been very late getting back to us the day before to tell us what the checkout plan was, she was then actually late turning up on checkout day - as was the driver she had booked to take us to the airport. We had booked massages for our final day – one last relaxing hour before we departed to take up some time, as we had to be out of the Villa by 10 and our flight was later that afternoon. We were late for our massage appointments because Sandrine was late arriving at the Villa and we couldn’t leave our luggage unsecured (Mimi was there but she speaks and understands very little English) and because we were unsure if Sandrine had arranged transport to the airport.

In the end, we still had a great time in Bali and will treasure our memories of this holiday. We have stayed in several villas that are rated “Excellent” in Trip Advisor, and we agree largely with those ratings. In the case of La Dole Villa we feel we would rate it, by comparison, “Average” due to the Villa’s condition - (2-2.5 out of 5) at best.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Sep 2016
Hello Dan,

We are always disappointed when our customers are unsatisfied with their stay (which is extremely rare!).
Be sure that we will consider your comments.
Some renovation work (painting, ....) were already programmed. This work could not be done before because of the very important occupation of the villa during the high season (June-September). And unfortunately we suffer some damage because tenants.

- I do not agree with your remark about water: the pressure is quite good and hot water at will,
- Regarding the mosquitoes, there is just little in general but it depends on the season. There are mosquito nets and we provide insecticides,
- Regarding the hairdryer: the employee must give to the manager the defective devices and it is the manager who takes the decision to replace or to repair,

Following your review, I asked to Sandrine, our manager, some explanation. She was very surprised to your review because at any moment you did not express your dissatisfaction. And I had seen when I read your emails
On your departure, I don’t understand your point because I read the message you sent to Sandrine about it:
"Thanks, Sandrine. We will be ready for you at 10.00 tomorrow and we will leave our luggage with you, "
and the next one : " Thanks again. The driver is good at 12 "
You said that Sandrine was in late or she was in the morning at the villa to help the maid … and she offer you the airport transfer and paid the driver.
You decided not to leave your luggages with the maid Mimi. It’s your décision. Why ? because every day the maid was alone in the villa with your luggages.

I do not want to argue. Perhaps there had problems understanding.
I renew my apology and be sure that we do everything that our guests have a good stay.

Kind regards
Alain
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing