“Turned away!!!”

The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 30 November 2011

As we are frequent visitors to Bali (about 20 trips and many more to come) and we are currently staying at The Legian Club ( which is fabulous, amazing very special), I decided to walk next door into The Seminyak, to have a look around. My daughter is coming to Bali to meet us, but is staying on for a few extra days in december and wanted me to have a look at The Seminyak, as a possible hotel for her and her husband. Unfortunately when I went to enter the hotel frrom the beach, the security gentleman, refused me entrance. When I explained why I was there and that I was staying next door at The Legian, he just asked me to leave...always with a smile on his face. In all of the years, inc times of heightened security, I have never been denied entrance into a hotel in Bali or anywhere else in the world. Needleess to say, I wont be recommending this hotel to my daughter or staying here in my future visits to beautiful and friendly Bali!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank eatfresh
There are newer reviews for The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed there last Oct, and it should be our best reunion holiday for me and my sister, however it turned into something that we hate. Well, where should I start? Ok, we came to the resort late at 7 pm, and still had to face the fact we have to wait a bit more, because they had to move and prepare our room, because they made the mistake of locating our room. (they blocked us with the wrong bed arrangement, even though we put already in the reservation). And we had to argue too!The villa is not really recommended for small kid, due to the pool and the pond location. The villa is great, but the AC was leaking, the ceiling around the AC was moldy and a bit rotten and the shower drain was stuck!
We had nice sleep though. Breakfast, the food was great, and the chef (chef Agung) was superb!! Try their waffle,,,best waffle I have ever tasted!Only the waiter was not really well managed!No one greeted us when we came at the restaurant, may be they were too busy. And even one of the waiter took our salt and pepper shaker away from our table without asking and he did it right in front of us!! He move the shaker to other table, because other guests needed it and they did not have any. Another morning, 3 gentlemen came and sit at the restaurant for breakfast too, and we were really sure that they were the managers of the resort. However, they did not sit in manner and smoking. Helloo,,,do you mind?Small kid next to you?
Housekeeping staff did their best to keep us happy, only they always came late for servicing our room. But they were so courteous. Gardener was the best staff with their big smile, always! Security, they forgot how to act not so rude when asking our guests, or even us!
But I must say the location and the view of the resort was great and stunning. They could do better to combine with their good service. if they would like to charge the room service with the price of 5 stars resort, they have to do better!!At least the food should got a taste and the cocktail should not olny taste coconut milk. provide us clean day bed cover too would be great.

Room Tip: Just hope they will make mistake with your reservation, so you could be upgraded. Family with small...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ChloeJenna
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed at The Seminyak for 10 nights in early October. I fell in love with the hotel the moment we arrived. The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. This Continued for the duration of our stay. Our beach wing room was spacious, clean and had an amazing ocean view. The hotel itself is in the perfect location (literally next door to Ku de Ta. The facilities are superb, andnthe location on the beach is second to none. The ocean front infinity pool speaksfor itself. The photos on the website do not do it justice.
This Seminyak is a must stay when in Bali.
Thank you again to the staff. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Intrepid-travell
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed at The Seminyak for 15 nights in Oct/Nov and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff, from the front desk, breakfast area, pool attendants to the room cleaning staff, were all delightful. So friendly and helpful. Sari, Sudy and GD at breakfast were excellent, very attentive. The buffet breakfast was great. The Blue Bird taxi reps in the lobby were also friendly and helpful. Our ocean view room on the second floor was spacious and clean. The position on the beachfront was fantastic, and the close proximity to the shops, spas and restaurants was perfect.
Another lovely touch was the complimentary cocktail party at poolside every Thursday evening, to meet the staff as well as other guests.
Thank you to all at The Seminyak!

Room Tip: Beach side, second or third floor. All suites are on the third floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JenV97
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I staied at The Seminyak for 6 nites in mid Oct 2011, we both loved it very much.

Staff - We got the staff 's attention very easily, nothing is too much trouble for them, extremely helfpul with all the enquiries. They knew our name and which room we are staying by the 3rd day.

Room - We got an Ocean view Suite on the 3rd floor, the room and the view was fantastic. It was clean, very new and spacious. Love their pillow so much that I looked forward to go to bed every nite after a big day, had a very good sleep every nite. One thing I didnt do, was I should have asked if I can purchase their pillow.
Although the hotel is still doing some construction work, but during our stay, we couldnt hear any noise at all, indeed it was very quiet.

Hotel location n shuttle service - Hotel is located right next door to KuDeTa, and about 10 mins walk to the Seminyak Square, excellent location. One thing I really like was the hotel were happily to arrange a shuttle for us to take us to anywhere up to within 15 mins drive at the time that we want.

Bathroom - I've read a previous TA msg that someone had a trouble with the shower water tempreture, so I was fully aware of it, and luckily it didnt happen in my room.

Spa bath - it was prepared with some nice petals, since we got there very late on the first nite, I planned to enjoy it on the next day morning which I can open the bi-fold window which is facing the ocean, unfortunately all the half prepared water from the nite before was gone, we told the front desk about the leak problem, very soon they sent a guy up to fix it. Because we had the DND light on, they had to call us to double check if it's ok for the guy to come in, which I really appreciated it as I've heard in some other hotels that the house keepers or whoever it is just used their key to get in to do whatever they have to do while the DND sign's on.

Breakfast - full buffet style, we love their local fruit - Salak ( snake fruit, becoz the skin of the fruit looks like snake's skin, however, they named in snack fruit at the buffet table) Must try.
Love the Balianese style breakfast, the dumpling soup, the fried glass noodle, the sambal sauce, the steamed chicken meat paste wrapped in banana leaf, so juicy, fresh and tasty.

We enjoied the breakfast every morning!

The infinity pool - how can I miss mentioning it. Love it so much with direct access to the soft sand beach. Pool attentants are great, looked after us well, the area was very clean, towels were provdied. During the afternoon, the attendant came and asked the guests if we want any drinks from the bar. The last 2 days of our stay, there was 1 family with 2 kids were using the pool at the same time as we did, however the noise from the kid didnt really bother most of the people around the pool as they didnt running around the pool, the parents had a good control of them. Thank God!

Spa center - still under construction, however, they shifted the spa/massage service to the first floor, so it's available. Gym center is nicely set up.

Overall - this is exactly what we want from a relax holiday in Bali, a fantastic hotel in great locaiton, with wonderful room and view, comfortable bed, clean, new, brilliant staff, great customer service, we never had to wait for longer then 2 mins before we got someone's attention. Great pool, quiet enviroment, nice food.

Cant ask for more!

Room Tip: Ocean facing room. The higher floor the better view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple