All reviews bintang supermarket two bedroom apartment supermarket prices outdoor bathroom the main street short walk living area accommodation fridge bali rudi alley driver jl gazebo
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Not much to add to my other reviews of BYV - just returned from our 3rd visit there and are looking forward to our 4th in May next year. We have stayed in many places in Bali over 20 holidays there, but BYV tops the lot! Attention to detail, spotless rooms, fantastic service from Putu and the boys, cheap mini bar, perfect location away from the madness of Kuta and Legian, walk to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, LOVE IT! Get in early. Word is out about BYV! Ps- loved "il warung' - 2 blocks up to your left as you come out of the lane onto the Seminyak main road - set back in a courtyard - excellent and cheap pizza, pasta, Indonesian food, cocktails, and lovely staff (check out the toilet!) pps - Putu - hope you win a soccer game in your new boots soon! SEE YOU IN MAY!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Hi Pam, I guess the greatest compliment you can make in Hospitality is to have your customers return time after time so thank you for your loyalty. We will always strive for excellence and it is fantastic to have our guests recognise the efforts of our team we are all thrilled to have you stay with us and are very happy to be your family and friends when you are in Bali. We look forward to your return in May.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

like all the reviews said, Bali Yarravillas locates at a very convenient location, very near Bintang market and all the shops. We stayed at 2 bedroom apartment which was spotlessly clean. The staffs were very friendly, helpful. John is very fast at replying all our inquiries.

The only thing that maybe John needs to take note is the edge of the swimming pool is very sharp, my dad's arm was injured (not serious though) when he get into the pool.
Toothbrush & toothpaste are not provided so those as lazy as us, who didnt bring our own toothbruses & toothpaste along, pls take note if you don't want to make a trip to Bintang supermarket.

Going to the beach by the main road takes about 30 mins. We also tried to explore the "short cut" to the beach that is mentioned in the villa's guidebook, but failed 2 times, it'd be great if you can give us the map instead.

Overall, we had a great stay at Bali Yarravillas, will definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ann D

Thanks for staying with us and posting your Trip Advisor review Ann we really appreciate it. I will have a look at the edge of the pool but in 3 years haven't had an issue. Our pool edge is Lava stone and is extremely good as a non slip surface, I guess we all have to act with caution when around pools and other wet areas. When we established Bali Yarravillas we did so thinking that we will provide the cleanest best value for money property in Bali. We think we have performed a reasonable job so far but are always looking to improve. As regular travelers our selves we never use the so called complimentary items in Hotels, so we made a conscious decision not to provide such items and that is another way we can keep our rates low.
Bintang supermarket is less than 200 metres away and stocks pretty much everything so any potential guests that are reading this if you forget anything you can get it at Bintang.
Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Once again the Bali Yarravillas outdid themselves. This was my second stay there this year, my husbands first. We were in a party of seven staying at the Villas and it was a fabulous holiday once again. Putu and his team ensured our stay was fabulous and were happy to accommodate any requests we had. I commented to one of our friends travelling with us that it was like coming home in that everything was familiar, welcoming, spotlessly clean, friendly and convenient. All the guys at the Yarravillas are hardworking and friendly with a special mention to Ketut who is always engaging and happy to assist with anything. Putu was his usual friendly self, more than helpful and always happy to make a reservation or check on details for you, in particular one of our party left their spectacles behind in Ubud at a guest house and Putu made the call to locate them for us and they were delivered the next day by our friend from Ubud. The Villas are always so clean every day with the beds turned down at night and mosquito's turned away by the guys before they get in the door. The convenient location of the villas, near fabulous shopping, restaurants/bars and the BIntang Supermarket make it the perfect spot. We had an absolute ball and were sorry to leave.
I would recommend Bali Yarravillas to anybody. Thanks again Putu, Ketut, Wayan and the rest of the team we'll be back!! Thanks too to Gloria and John!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Thanks for your repeat visit Claudie, it was great to have you stay with us again. It was also fantastic that your parents also booked and stayed. We look forward to your return next year. We all really appreciate your fantastic Trip Advisor review, it makes the extra effort worthwhile.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We are a young family with 2 small children and found our stay at Bali Yarravillas a great experience in Seminyak. Conveniently located off JL Legian and close to the Bintang supermarket, also information provided on places to eat and things to do gave us many options. Being a foodie I personally found the owner's personal recommendations on where to eat was fun and exciting to try out.
The layout of the place is great for families, mini bar prices were good, reliable wifi, comfortable beds and nice sheets, clean and functional.
A top mention to the friendly staff, Putu and Ketut who made us feel really relaxed.

This place was hard to find at first as the signs in Bali are quite small, it is located 100mtrs in a lane way just after Bintang if you are coming from Kuta.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thanks Juanita, for staying at Bali Yarravillas and posting your Trip Advisor review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant reviews, we are also foodies so love I love eating the food and Gloria loves writing the reviews. Please return soon.
kind regards John

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just got back from a holiday in Bali and stayed at the Bali Yarravillas based on Trip Advisor reviews and the personal experience of my friends.

We had an absolutely wonderful time staying here. Here are some of the reasons why I would recommend anyone planning a holiday in Seminyak to stay at the Bali Yarravillas.

1. Absolutely CLEAN and SPOTLESS rooms. I'm very particular with cleanliness in hotel rooms and I really have nothing to say, but wow.

2. Super Comfortable Beds! I'm very picky with hotel beds. The beds at this place are comparable to the ones you can find at 5-star hotels. Good back and body support, but very comfy.

3. Fantastic and Friendly staff. Putu and the boys really make you feel welcome and at home. Unlike in big, fancy 5 star hotels, you actually feel that the staff know who you are and even take some time to ask how your day has been.

4. Well thought out recommendations from John. The black guide book in each of the villas have some tips and recommended companies from John. Everything we tried from that list exceeded out expectations.

Other positive points include the awesome mini bar with very cheap drinks. I also love how there is a 24 hour food delivery service and in-room massage service available.

If I had to think of something negative, I'd have to say that I wasn't too crazy about
the location - Although it's in the centre of everything in Seminyak, walking in a dark and narrow street way to get to the hotel was a bit of a hassle for me.

Considering my over all stay, I can recommend people looking for a place to stay in Seminyak to skip the 5 star hotels and head off to the Bali Yarravillas. Amidst the hustle and bustle of Seminyak, the Bali Yarravillas in itself is very quiet and relaxing with a lot of extra benefits that will make your holiday really memorable.

This is my first visit to Bali and I, without a doubt, fell in love with everything about it. The Balinese people are one of the friendliest people I have met and having a place to stay like the Yarravillas will definitely make you want to come back for more.

2  Thank macpao87
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thanks for posting your very detailed review, I think you covered most things. We are extremely happy and proud that you had a great time and thought so highly of our little oasis. You are right about Balinese they are fantastic people. We look forward to your second trip to Bali and seeing you back at Bali Yarravillas soon.