“Second time as good as the first”
Review of Bali Yarra Villas

Bali Yarra Villas
Ranked #32 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Just stayed for a week at the beautiful Yarravillas ...and will be back again. This was my 2nd stay there and everything is still fabulous - the pool, the spotlessly clean accommodation, cheap Bintangs in the fridge, restaurant recommendations (try RIO a few shops away to the left as you come out on the main road - set back from the road down a lane - coldest beer in Bali and fabulous food and service) comfortable bed, pleasant walk to the beach (either through the lanes or the main roads depending on your inclination), the wonderful service from Putu and the boys, being so close to everything ... keep up the great work, John, Gloria and team!

Rumah kedua!

cheers, Pam

ps - we have used the local laundry up the gang on several occasions - never a problem! Very cheap and clean and a lovely lady running it. Also - say hi to Chong the monkey for me around the corner - he loves a packet of peanuts or rice crackers!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hoot60
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Pam, we all thank you for your business and wonderful review. Our guests are what makes Hospitality so good and we are very thankful for the mutual friendship that is formed in a very short space of time. Thanks also for the other info because we all have differing expectations and that is the beauty of Trip Advisor, we all get the most up to date information.
Thanks again Pam and we look forward to your return in 2013.
kind regards John and the team.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent our last 3 nights in Bali at Bali Yarravillas. Its nestled down a quiet lane off one of the main streets in Seminyak. Easy access to everything, yet quiet for sleeping. The property is maintained excellently. The bar fridge is stocked with beer, water and soft drinks. The prices are excellent - better than buying it at Bintang Market around the corner. It's little things like that that make us happy. Most places want to gouge you for using the bar fridge items. We were in a 1 bedroom loft apartment and everything was spotless. We found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. We had, by this point, travelled all over the island of Bali and stayed in fabulous places. This was unique in that its ultramodern. The workmanship of the place is excellent. We met some of the other guests and had a lot of fun with them. I was looking to purchase a traditional Balinese kabaya and staff told me where to go which was further down the back lane. We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I didn't see all the rooms, but I did see the 2 bedroom/2bathroom unit and its very nicely laid...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for traveling from Canada to Bali Doris, we are very happy that you enjoyed our little slice of paradise. Our mini bar prices are deliberately low as we hate being charged massive prices when we travel so thanks for noticing and commenting. We hope to see you again in Bali sometime.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed at the Bali Yarravillas for 3 nights in early December.
I have been to Bali many times before and know Semyniak well. I had read so many good reviews that I booked this place and I guess I came with my expectations too high.

The Good:
- Good location near shops and restaurant
- Good room. Feels very new and clean. More modern than most places I have stayed around Semyniak
- Great bed
- Friendly staff

The disapointing aspects:
- I arrived at 11:30 am and my room was not ready. It was the only room occupied in the whole hotel but still the staff made me wait for 2 hours so that I would get my room and not another room

- I wanted to check out at 6 pm. THe hotel was empty ( 1 other room was occupied) but still they insisted that I would need to pay 1 extra night rate in order to get a late check-out... All the places I stayed at before in Bali always gave me late check out free of charge so I found that not very friendly. As a result, I checked out at 10 am but was left outside until 6 pm as this hotel does not have any public indoor facility. you are either in your room or outside ...
It was raining hard this afternoon so not a very pleasant end of stay.

- The website indivated that they is a back walk to get to the beach in 5 minutes. When I asked the staff about it, they told me to take the main road as I would get lost so it ended up being over 20 minutes walk to get to the beach

-the staff didnt believe that I had prepaid my room so I had to go to my computer and get the email from the owner to prove it. it is probably better if you print your confirmation before you get there

- The staff recommendations are not always good. the laundry place they recomended nearby was not god. I think they just put perfume onto clothes but don't really wash them

- They recommended me to buy my sim card in front of bintang. well, this is a total rip off. they ask 50000 rps fixed price while most other shops ask 25000

- They charge you if you bring drinks from outside for "trash disposal of your bottle". Again, not super friendly

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Hi Julie, we are disappointed that you didn't enjoy your 2 night stay. As I usually do I email all guests as soon as they leave asking for feedback so I am disappointed that you didn't email me or talk to me about it while you were in Bali as we were there. We only have 1 Hotel style room at Bali Yarravillas and we had guests depart that room at 12:00 mid day. We state very clearly on our website our check in and check out times and where possible we allow guest to check in early. I have been to Bali over 60 times in 30 years and have never had a complimentary late check out, that said we do allow late check out at 80% of the nightly rate and guests can stay as late as they like. Sorry you felt that unfriendly as that is not our intention. I understood you checked out at Midday and left your luggage in the secure office. As far as the charge for drinks brought in to Bali Yarravillas we have never charged anyone and that is because our prices are less than any of the supermarkets. Thanks for the information about the laundry I will have my staff monitor them but it is not my business as is the sim sellers at Bintang. Most guests however purchase sims from my supervisor Putu and I usually pay Rp50,000 or $5 which includes credit.
We are very happy that you have taken the time to post your Trip Advisor review. We hope to see you again sometime in Bali, thanks again.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

From the moment we landed (21 hours from the UK) and having being picked up by the
pre-arranged quick check in & taxi suggested by John . . . our stay at Yarra Villas for our whole time was 99.9999% satisfaction.

Chic modern architectural design with all the mod' cons you can ask for.

Perfect Value, perfect location, perfect staff, perfectly clean and a perfectly beautiful pool.

We have told all our friends who are all keen to book and we will return . . . that's a promise.

One little tiny gripe! the provision of a iron & ironing board would have made it 100%.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Our stay at Bali Yarravillas was sensational! Great location. We had a 1 bedroom apartment that was fantastic. A spacious kitchen, set up with everything you could want plus a decent sized fridge that actually kept things cold and a freezer that was very efficient in producing frozen ice blocks! The sitting area was quite large enough, and the separate bedroom a great size. Large area for clothes and generous hanging space then through to a lovely outdoor bathroom with one of the best showers I've ever had in Bali.Our villa was spotless and beautifully maintained every day by the very thoughtful and caring staff. We wouldn't hesitate to go back..................

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy D
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Hi Wendy thanks for taking the time to post your review, we all appreciate it. Thanks also for noticing our fridges, we have traveled to Bali for over 30 years and in all that time the beer is always warmish and the fridges iced up. We defrost all fridges weekly to ensure cold drinks. We hope to see you again soon.