“ Miss ”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #16 of 421 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

The people here will do everything they can to make your Bali experience a magical one! I just got home on Wednesday and already looking to book another trip over! My only regret is that I did not do this sooner! I have cancer and through the lessons from the local healers, I now believe that I have much longer on this earth than the 6 months that the cancer doctors have given me! !!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Eva T
goddessretreats2003, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Eva,

Wow special lady. It was an absolute privilege to have you with us, and your touching review brings me to tears.
We believe anything is possible, and our love and thoughts are with you even though you are a world apart from Bali in this moment.
Thank you for sharing this special time with us, and continue to shine as you did here.
We hope and pray all the best for your health.

With so much love and light,

There are newer reviews for Goddess Retreats

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

I know this review is a little late, but better late than never.

I came to the retreat hoping that I wouldn't be the only Asian face amongst the guests and hoping that the goddesses that were going to stay at the retreat were going to be welcoming. I was happy to find different cultures, age group and nationalities amongst the group of ladies which put me at ease.

The retreat itself is lovely, no TVs but trust me you don't miss them. Spa treatments everyday, lots of time to sleep in between the crazy schedule (I made mine more hectic with a Climb up Mt Batur which was totally worth it).

The staff are amazing, particularly Ayu And Yuni who really couldn't do enough and demonstrated the amazing warmth and kindness that the Balinese people have. The choice of activities was also good, I wanted to be kept busy so opted for lots of physical activities but they had a good range of non physical activities too.

The yoga was good and definitely helped ease the pain of sore legs and arms in between sports activities.

The retreat is well run and the food is just amazing! I would highly recommend this for solo travellers. What you put in, you get out and I feel like the retreat set up allows you to naturally bond with people. I went for a private room but sharing does accelerate that bonding process.

I left the retreat feeling strong, peaceful and relaxed which was exactly the reason I went.

Thank you to everyone for taking care of me.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank iaaw

Beautiful Goddess,

We appreciate your thoughtful review.
Ayu and Yuni are both gems, and we are so happy you were able to experience the warmth of the Balinese culture first-hand.
You are right and we really believe, as with any experience, we get out what we put in and it really warms our hearts to know you received what you needed during your time with us.
Thank you for bringing your full-of-life personality and energy to the table.
You were a privilege to have.

With love and light,
Mel and the entire Goddess Retreats team.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

I'm in my late 40s and this was my first-ever 'retreat' - wasn't quite sure what to expect but was encouraged by a friend to tag along and boy, am I thankful to her for suggesting it. An amazing week - the pampering, yoga, activities, food...i could go on. Already planning to go back next year. Great value for what you pay - I highly recommend it. Nothing negative to say!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Base_shifter
goddessretreats2003, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Goddess,

Thank you so much for your lovely words, and we are so glad to hear the two of you ladies enjoyed your time with us.
We can't wait to see you back next year, stay in touch and see you soon.
Bali will be waiting ;)

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Wow loved the villa so beautiful, the staff fantastic caring ladies, we were pampered by the all the ladies there, housekeeping, the quiet beauty of the private garden in the villa and garden, the kitchen/cook ladies spoiling us with beautiful table settings and kindness...women need to be pampered like this...you will not be disappointed...I really enjoyed my time, just to be me and watch the enthusiasm of the staff and positive vibes...

Room Tip: I loved the villa as it was private and had its own pool...just what I needed...there are different...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
goddessretreats2003, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Hi Sue,
Thank you so so much for your kind words.
It was so nice to have you as part of our retreat.
We loved your wisdom, and having you share your life experiences at the dinner table with all of us "spring chickens".
We really hope you came away with a little more of yourself, and will continue to find the time to be good to you in the coming year.
We all know you deserve this ;)

With all our love,

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Wonderful retreat and the best thing for solo woman traveller. It's a place to be yourself, recover and feel comfortable.

Location: it is in the middle of Seminyak and very close to shops, restaurants and about 15 minutes to the beach. The villas and the beautiful gardens are very nicely maintained.

Yoga: as an absolut beginner I was about afraid but this was not necessary at all. The Yoga teacher was simply amazing and very beautiful. She made me feel very comfortable, explained everything very well and I also really liked the meditation at the beginning of the class. Thank you for introducing me to yoga!

Spa: the Spa treatments are very good and the ladies very nice and take good care of you. The advertisement says the treatments are unlimited, that's not fully true though I felt. Most of the Goddesses ended up with no more than one treatment a day. It was not possible to get a slot for a second one on the same day.

Food: simply amazing. The cooking ladies are magicians, not only the food and the daily smoothies were delicious but also the table they decorated very beautifully for every meal was stunning and breathtaking.

Room: I had a room with bathroom which was really nice. I would add a bedside table and lamp. Loved the cookies and the cards with positive words on the bed at night!

Staff/Management: they look after you very well and make you feel very comfortable. I felt some some did it with more passion and were more genuine than others maybe.

Fellow Goddesses: one of the highlights were more my fellow Goddesses. All wonderful ladies and the group we had was just amazing. Some great conversations, laughter and new friendship. Priceless.

Overall feedback: I do think it's a bit too expense for what you really get (compared to other retreats in Bali and the world). But it was what I needed to recover, to treat myself and to feel happy. So thank you very much for this.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Linda E
goddessretreats2003, Guest Relations Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Goddess,
Thank you so much for your thorough review and beautiful words.
We’re so happy you were able to find a space to be yourself and receive the pampering you deserve along-side other solo women from around the world.
Also, thank you for giving us the opportunity to address some expectations for our future guests.

We don’t believe you have to escape to a lonely mountain top to enjoy a rejuvenating yoga retreat. We love the balance our retreat provides with our property being located in the heart of Seminyak and being a 700meters to the nearest Petitenget Beach. Our guests love the convenience of being close to all the popular attractions in the area, while still having a secluded private villa property to retreat and relax in as they choose.

We are sorry to hear you didn’t realise our spa treatments are, actually, unlimited as we promise. While we do provide our guests with so many activities to enjoy during the day that it seems there is only an hour or two left over to be able to fit in a spa treatment, guests are always welcome to skip other activities to enjoy more spa time if they so choose and we place no restrictions on this. Our spa services are open by request from 8:30 am until 10pm at night and we have 5 dedicated spa therapists for our small groups who provide services both in our spa area and also with portable massage beds so guests can enjoy treatments in their own room if they wish.

Due to the unique configuration of the private room you stayed in rather than a traditional bedside table and lamps as found in all our other rooms, this particular room has a built in desk nook at the side of the bed and a reading lamp fixed on the wall just above the bedhead instead.

In considering our overall value we believe all the offerings we provide like having a 3:1 guest to retreat guide ratio that means we can really look after all the little details and personal level of service that makes our retreat a very unique boutique experience.

There are indeed many cheaper options out there but we really believe our prices are very fair value for the complete experience we offer.
Our entire team, truly feel so privileged to be a part of each and every one of our retreats, and are all very passionate about the experiences we create.

With that thought in mind, we so value your opinion and appreciate your impressions.

We wish you continued happy journeys and fun as you explore this beautiful world.

With love and light,
The entire Goddess Retreats team.

x

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
0.7 km away
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#3 of 10 in Payangan

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Seminyak

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!