“They really make you feel like a goddess!”
Review of Goddess Retreats

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Goddess Retreats
Ranked #16 of 421 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I'm in my late 40s and this was my first-ever 'retreat' - wasn't quite sure what to expect but was encouraged by a friend to tag along and boy, am I thankful to her for suggesting it. An amazing week - the pampering, yoga, activities, food...i could go on. Already planning to go back next year. Great value for what you pay - I highly recommend it. Nothing negative to say!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Base_shifter
goddessretreats2003, Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Goddess,

Thank you so much for your lovely words, and we are so glad to hear the two of you ladies enjoyed your time with us.
We can't wait to see you back next year, stay in touch and see you soon.
Bali will be waiting ;)

Mel and the entire Goddess Retreats team

There are newer reviews for Goddess Retreats

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Wow loved the villa so beautiful, the staff fantastic caring ladies, we were pampered by the all the ladies there, housekeeping, the quiet beauty of the private garden in the villa and garden, the kitchen/cook ladies spoiling us with beautiful table settings and kindness...women need to be pampered like this...you will not be disappointed...I really enjoyed my time, just to be me and watch the enthusiasm of the staff and positive vibes...

Room Tip: I loved the villa as it was private and had its own pool...just what I needed...there are different...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
goddessretreats2003, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Hi Sue,
Thank you so so much for your kind words.
It was so nice to have you as part of our retreat.
We loved your wisdom, and having you share your life experiences at the dinner table with all of us "spring chickens".
We really hope you came away with a little more of yourself, and will continue to find the time to be good to you in the coming year.
We all know you deserve this ;)

With all our love,
Mel and the entire Goddess Retreats team

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Wonderful retreat and the best thing for solo woman traveller. It's a place to be yourself, recover and feel comfortable.

Location: it is in the middle of Seminyak and very close to shops, restaurants and about 15 minutes to the beach. The villas and the beautiful gardens are very nicely maintained.

Yoga: as an absolut beginner I was about afraid but this was not necessary at all. The Yoga teacher was simply amazing and very beautiful. She made me feel very comfortable, explained everything very well and I also really liked the meditation at the beginning of the class. Thank you for introducing me to yoga!

Spa: the Spa treatments are very good and the ladies very nice and take good care of you. The advertisement says the treatments are unlimited, that's not fully true though I felt. Most of the Goddesses ended up with no more than one treatment a day. It was not possible to get a slot for a second one on the same day.

Food: simply amazing. The cooking ladies are magicians, not only the food and the daily smoothies were delicious but also the table they decorated very beautifully for every meal was stunning and breathtaking.

Room: I had a room with bathroom which was really nice. I would add a bedside table and lamp. Loved the cookies and the cards with positive words on the bed at night!

Staff/Management: they look after you very well and make you feel very comfortable. I felt some some did it with more passion and were more genuine than others maybe.

Fellow Goddesses: one of the highlights were more my fellow Goddesses. All wonderful ladies and the group we had was just amazing. Some great conversations, laughter and new friendship. Priceless.

Overall feedback: I do think it's a bit too expense for what you really get (compared to other retreats in Bali and the world). But it was what I needed to recover, to treat myself and to feel happy. So thank you very much for this.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Linda E
goddessretreats2003, Guest Relations Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Goddess,
Thank you so much for your thorough review and beautiful words.
We’re so happy you were able to find a space to be yourself and receive the pampering you deserve along-side other solo women from around the world.
Also, thank you for giving us the opportunity to address some expectations for our future guests.

We don’t believe you have to escape to a lonely mountain top to enjoy a rejuvenating yoga retreat. We love the balance our retreat provides with our property being located in the heart of Seminyak and being a 700meters to the nearest Petitenget Beach. Our guests love the convenience of being close to all the popular attractions in the area, while still having a secluded private villa property to retreat and relax in as they choose.

We are sorry to hear you didn’t realise our spa treatments are, actually, unlimited as we promise. While we do provide our guests with so many activities to enjoy during the day that it seems there is only an hour or two left over to be able to fit in a spa treatment, guests are always welcome to skip other activities to enjoy more spa time if they so choose and we place no restrictions on this. Our spa services are open by request from 8:30 am until 10pm at night and we have 5 dedicated spa therapists for our small groups who provide services both in our spa area and also with portable massage beds so guests can enjoy treatments in their own room if they wish.

Due to the unique configuration of the private room you stayed in rather than a traditional bedside table and lamps as found in all our other rooms, this particular room has a built in desk nook at the side of the bed and a reading lamp fixed on the wall just above the bedhead instead.

In considering our overall value we believe all the offerings we provide like having a 3:1 guest to retreat guide ratio that means we can really look after all the little details and personal level of service that makes our retreat a very unique boutique experience.

There are indeed many cheaper options out there but we really believe our prices are very fair value for the complete experience we offer.
Our entire team, truly feel so privileged to be a part of each and every one of our retreats, and are all very passionate about the experiences we create.

With that thought in mind, we so value your opinion and appreciate your impressions.

We wish you continued happy journeys and fun as you explore this beautiful world.

With love and light,
The entire Goddess Retreats team.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This week was absolutely wonderful. I needed some space and a little bit of pampering.
In reality, I was looked after as noone has ever looked after me before.
Accommodation with great attention to detail was superb. Spacious and light. Yoga classes were really special, teacher being friendly and welcoming. Management were kind, welcoming and went out of their way to please everyone. I know that the surfers were really happy as well. All the staff were really friendly and smiley. The cooking was the best I have ever had. Better than any luxurios five star hotel. Ingredients were fresh, food was organic, gluten free and vegan was available. Overall the cooking was out of this world. Presentation made us take photos every day.
I met lovely people who were sharing the retreat this week.
This place is highly recommended. I came back home relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank luchy_12
goddessretreats2003, Guest Relations Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Goddess,

It really makes our hearts happy to know that you came and found what you were looking for during your stay with us.
We also have to say it was a pleasure to look after you, and the special group of ladies you shared your week with.
Looking forward, we hope you can take a little bit of Bali's magic back home with you, finding a bit of space and time for yourself more often and whenever it is needed.

Sending you much love and light,
Mel and the entire Goddess Retreats team.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Goddess surf retreats had been on my bucket list for years, and I finally booked on the tail end of a business trip to Asia. It far exceeded my expectations - and expectations were high, an entire week in one spot, at a hefty price tag, half way around the world. I knew it was going to be a special experience when I walked through the door on day one, and was welcomed by the most open, generous, and authentic staff; I pretty much melted in their loving, open, embracing welcome. The women who work there make this a magical experience; the way they facilitate the group dynamics, encourage interaction and focus on the experience: it's all about you and the other guests when you walk through that door - they truly are all about you fulfilling your goals of the experience you intended when you booked. From the unbelievably amazing care and detail that goes into planning every meal - and customizing for any dietary needs or desires, and ensuring it meets your needs, to the attention taken to ensure your surfing and yoga experiences are on target to what you were looking for - I was an experienced surfer, amongst the other beginners - and Shani arranged for my own surf instructor, daily morning boats out to the reef, of other spot if the conditions warranted, and always were concerned that my experience was what I had hoped for. The yoga was well done for all abilities, and with tons of heart, thanks Wid! The daily spa treatments were quite a treat, and truly needed after surfing! And the villas - I don't know how they did the pairing for people sharing villas, but my match was wonderful, and the villa, with private pool, gorgeous outdoor shower, and loving touches of thoughtful motivational cards on the sheets at night, and bedside cookies (even made to suit sugar-free diet) were perfect touches. It's hard to imagine a better holiday... the place is tucked back from the busy, noisy streets of Seminyak, so a bit of a walk to the beach, and once back at the Villa, captivated by the gorgeous pool, smoothies, fruit plates, and peaceful zen of the retreat, it was easy not to venture out, and just soak up the energy of new friends surrounding you. I will definitely be back. This is one magical place, that is so special because of the women who run it!

Room Tip: I splurged for the private bathroom and very well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Flashpacker08
goddessretreats2003, General Manager at Goddess Retreats, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Beautiful Surf Goddess,
Thank you for such a thorough and thoughtful review.
You were an absolute inspiration in the surf for the other ladies and it was so nice to hear about your experiences.
It's so wonderful for us to know that your trip was everything you dreamed it would be.
That's all we can hope for.

We can not wait to see you again, no doubt you'll show us all how it's done in the waves yet again superwoman.

The entire Goddess Retreats team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
0.7 km away
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#3 of 10 in Payangan

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Seminyak

Been to Goddess Retreats? Share your experiences!