“AMAZING! Surprise paradise”
Review of Villa Bali Asri

Villa Bali Asri
Ranked #23 of 428 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Villa Asri is a gorgeous villa. We booked very last minute and got offered a 2 bedroom villa for the price of a 1 bedroom villa. The villas are huge with large bedrooms, living areas and massive kitchen (inc fridge).

From the outside the whole complex looks a little run down however once you get behind those villas doors you are in complete paradise. Villa Asri isnt as modern as some other villas however it has a traditional feel which is very refreshing and relaxing. The gardens & yards are beautiful as well as the huge private pool.

The location of the villa is close to the shops and restaurants however we still got taxi's & bikes due to the heat. The distance is probably about a 15 minute walk. The beach is about a 10 minute walk away.

I would stay back at Villa Asri in a heart beat. It was wonderful and a pleasent surprise from what we were expecting.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura S

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed in Villa no 8 for 10 nights on our honeymoon in April. What can I say... wow.

The staff were incredibly friendly and made us feel at home straight away, they showed us where everything was and how everything worked before leaving us to it to settle in! Before we arrived, I remember thinking in my mind "now don't expect it to be as nice as the photos as pictures are always deceiving", but I couldn't have been more wrong! Our villa was HUGE, even bigger than it appears in the photos.

The bathroom was breathtaking, the outdoor shower and water feature was a real treat. Showering in the rain storm was just the most magical experience.

The pool was lovely. We spent many an afternoon / evening having a snooze on the day bed before going out for our evening meal. I particularly loved sitting reading a book with the rain falling all around me, it was incredible. The rain storms were wonderful, I was worried about the weather before we came but I actually wouldn't have had it any other way. The rain showers were always very brief and usually at night or early evening at which time you are in the villa anyway, whereas the day times were scorching and beautiful sunshine throughout.

Breakfast was always a treat, the banana pancakes were to die for! The staff were more than happy to cook separate breakfasts for me and my husband too, which was a nice touch.

If you don't like little critters then you might want to think twice about staying here, on the other hand it could make your experience that bit more magical (as it did for us!). There were all sorts of wonderful creatures roaming our villa - geckos, frogs, crabs, squirrels, birds. The sounds were wonderful, and we soon learned to distinguish between the different animal noises! Near the end of our stay we were lucky enough to find a HUGE tokay gecko in our living room.

The distance to the bars and restaurants was perfect, just a short stroll to all of the best restaurants in Seminyak. We tried so many and they were all fantastic, I can't fault them. We had a fantastic meal one night at Sarong, the food was divine - I would strongly recommend it.

Ku-De-Ta is just a short walk away too, very expensive but an absolute must at least once during your stay. The sun set views are simply stunning, and the drinks were tasty too!

We managed to cram so much into our time in Bali, visiting so many wonderful places and experiencing such wonderful things. I actually regret not spending more time in the villa as it was so beautiful, I could have done with another 5 days just to chill out and soak up the surroundings!

I really don't have a single negative thing to say about our stay at Villa Bali Asri, everything was perfect and I can't say thank you enough to the wonderful staff who made our stay so enjoyable and catered to our every need. This really was our dream honeymoon, and I wouldn't change a single thing.

THANK YOU - Villa Bali Asri, we will be back some day for sure!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen_pa12
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed in villas 9&2 over 7 days. From the moment I arrived it was fantastic. The helpful staff even organised some chips, beers and smokes for me as I knew not where to go. Villa 9 is lovely and it was such a pleasure staying there. Some reviews have stated that the villas are looking worn. I don't agree. I liken it to staying at a friends house for a short stay. They look lived in. The gardens are gorgeous and well established. This only comes with time. The villas exude a charm that is authentic and comfortable. Something that I really appreciated, and its only a small thing, is the gentle touch of the staff. No loud chit chat or banging of equipment etc. Every thing was handled gently. I recommend having a massage at the Villa also. Fantastic. I ordered the outsourced room service one night and it was also very good.
Villa 2 was very nicely decorated and had a wonderful living area and the small grass garden was beautiful. Especially with all the different colored petals dropped onto it from the various plants. I had such a relaxing stay and it was exactly what i needed. It surpassed my expectations. I cant want to come back later this year.

Room Tip: One of the staff put my chips in the fridge. This is a great way to keep them in the hot weather. I...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Thank goodness I left the accomodation selection to my lovely wife! Selecting Villa Bali Asri was a stroke of genious on her part. We spent a week here in late November and actually experienced 3 villas (1, 6 and 10). Villas 1 and 6 are one bedroom and of the two, villa 6 is the better choice with a larger pool and a little better layout. Villa 10 is a 3 bedroom and best described as a "mini resort". But all villas are beautifully appointed with magnificent gardens that are lovingly tended by the wonderful staff (more later). The pool is fantastic and a real necessity, especially in the hot season. The villas are very well located if you want to go to the beach. It is any easy 5 minute walk so great if you want to duck down for a surf as I did several times a day (2 good breaks within a few 100 metres of where you hit the beach). The beach is also great for sunset drinks or dinner with upmarket Ku de Ta to the right and lots of perfectly good beach bars to the left. The walk to the Seminyak restaurant strip is about 20 mins which is OK but suggest a taxi to avoid arriving covered in sweat! The staff are really wonderful and their friendly and helpful nature adds to the experience. The breakfast is prepared each day in your villa and the quality of the food and service is as good as any 5 star restaurant. We didn't do it but you can also get them to cook dinner for you in your villa. We had our 18 year old daughter visit us (she was in Bali separately on schoolies) and some friends came over from Sanur. They both loved the villa and wanted to move in! So while Villa Bali Asri is not cheap we both felt it was extremely good value for money and will happily stay there again. Highly recommend it to couples and am sure it would work well for families or groups too. Thanks guys for a lovely and memorable stay

Room Tip: For total peace suggest villas toward the soutern end of the complex (ie away from the office end)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Two words..."Absolute Perfection" is all it takes to describe this place. My partner and I just returned from spending the weekend at Bali and choose Villa Asri mainly because it was close to The Elyssian, which was where our friends were staying and more affordable. Turns out this was so much better!! The villa was gorgeous, and the service faultless right from the airport pick-up to the morning breakfast.
We loved it so much that instead of going out for dinner, we invited our friends over and had a "villa party". The food from rooms service is in par with some of the best restaurants, and the next morning the Villa was spotless before we woke up for breakfast!
Wonderful staff, gorgeous environment and closer to Seminyak shops and Ku De Ta.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple