“Fantastic two bedroom apartment in a great location”

Bali Mystique Hotel and Apartments
Ranked #101 of 426 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My sister and I spent one week in the Alang-alang suite and were really impressed. Furniture, bedding, kitchen etc all quality and sooo comfortable. I really didn't want to leave! The location is perfect - almost next door to Biku, and a very short walk to some good spas, restaurants, shops and bars - oh, and the beach. Dessy, the housekeeper and manager of the apartment is fabulous. She keeps the place immaculately clean, makes your breakfast and is super helpful and friendly.
The complex has two pools, a restaurant, laundry and bar (nice cocktails), and all the staff are lovely. The great thing about the Alang-alang suite is that you have the space and privacy of an apartment with the extra amenities of a hotel, but without the price-tag of a private villa. The only thing I can think of that might bother some people is a bit of traffic noise on the front terrace. It didn't worry me at all (I love to watch the world go by), and the bedrooms and apartment interior are really quiet and restful. I would happily return - especially as this is my new favourite part of Seminyak! Thanks Dessy!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Spent seven nights here and couldn't have been happier, great location nice and quiet at night butlots of good restaurants close and a short walk back into the main part of seemingyak .The staff were wonderful very attentive , breakfast was included and we loved starting our days chatting with the wonderful waiters. It is looking a little tired in spots but for the price it exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great place to stay - choose from bungalows, apartments and villa - convenient location, well priced, great food and close to beach

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This was the first hotel we stayed in and were very impressed from the start. especially for me because there was a grand piano waiting for me in the open plan foyer that I had to play! We had a beautiful little bungalow set in amongst lovely plants, trees etc, the bungalow had one large room with large double bed and another room with shower etc and a safe to put your valuables in, who needs more than that?! it was 5 min walk to the Indian Ocean! the warmest sea I think I've ever been in!
It had a restaurant, bar, fantastic swimming pool with another bar, massage parlour, just around the corner from some very little shops and motorbike hire, very nice place, so I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a nice quiet trip in Bali.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Up until now I haven't given a bad review..... Well here it is!!
Unfortunately this property has no appealing qualities. Maybe a successful enterprise of yesteryear but now a sad, run down dirty property that is screaming for an update and some TLC. I booked this property based on what was offered on the website and let's just say not a realistic collaboration of photos or information.
Mosquitos infest every square inch, the bungalows should be demolished. They are thick with the smell of mothballs and filth. The bathroom is horrendous, mildew and rust hold it together.
For a property surrounded by high end accommodation it is the rotten apple in a basket full of beautiful fruit.
I checked out less than 24 hours after checking in, covered in mosquito bites my husband and I hit the pavement and found another hotel!
I didn't eat from the restaurant as the overall appearance warned me not too. I would give this place a 2/10.

• Stayed: June 2012