Albourne Boutique Guest House(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 64
USD 158
USD 113
Woodlands Guest House(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 75
NH Cape Town The Lord Charles(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 95
USD 86
Bay View Somerset West(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 53
Somerset Villa Guesthouse(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 75
Vredenburg Manor House(Somerset West)
USD 97
African Dreams Guesthouse(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 60
At Winkfield House(Somerset West)(Great Value!)
USD 86
All reviewsfudgethermal suitefull body massagecape townchampagne breakfastwe loved our staythe perfect spotattention to detaila true gempeaceful placegarden cottagemaking us feelon arrivalat homerelaxing stayperfect hostsstayed nights
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We recently stayed at the Helderberg Forest Lodge and what a delight it was! We loved the quiet and beautiful area in which it is located. The safety of the Lodge was a definite plus and the rooms were comfortable and beautiful looking out over the gardens. It felt like staying in a South African home for a few days. The personal touch of the owner and the staff working there was amazing and truly reflect the hospitality of South Affricans... Helderberg is certainly a place to recommend!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2016

My wife and I stopped over in Helderberg Forest for a couple of nights to visit friends on our way to Hermanus.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and we were made very welcome by Glenn and his family. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly prepared. We would both go there again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Glen and his staff did everything to make my stay as pleasant as possible.

I stayed here two separate nights, five days apart. I was traveling with a lot of luggage and Glen let my store it on property for the five days I was out in the desert. I did not even have to move my stuff out of the room, everything was handled for me.

Whenever I came to the lobby, Glen or Melanie made sure that there were no open wishes, be it a drink from the bar (convenient honesty system), a ride into town, or anything else. Glen also made sure he found time for a casual chat which I really appreciated as solo traveler.

The property grounds are beautiful. A huge garden with trees and shade and a nice pool near the lobby.

There's a nice breakfast buffet with cold cuts, cheese, fruits, breads and cereals and staff happily prepares any kind of hot breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night as stop over prior to flight from Cape Town airport which is 15km away. The owner Glen definitely made us feel welcome and although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant he put together a really nice cheeseboard for us as we didn't feel like venturing out for dinner.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2015

The place is scenic: from the drive to lodge, the guest parking lot to the dining area. The lodge is away from the busy main roads so you will wake up to a lot of bird life, playful squirrels and a horse neigh from time to time. The neighborhood is made up of beach, mountain and wine estates. The self-catering unit I stayed in was well stocked with the basic kitchen tools I’d needed for my two month business. However you can ask the lodge managers for anything you need to make your stay comfortable. I requested flowers I’d seen in the garden for my lounge area and it was done, no questions asked. Do explore the blue waters (Jacuzzis , indoor and outdoor pool , sauna and steam room). Thank you Glenn, Melanie, Milton , Nicole and the kitchen staff for such a warm welcome - and yes you will end up calling them by name because it will be as if you've always known them!

Room Tip: bring hiking or running shoes because you will be tempted take a walk or jog.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business