All reviewspear orchardcommunal kitchendouble decker busbig treesserene spotquiet place to staysmall riverwine tramminute walk to the main streetsmall roomenjoyed our stayrooms are greatmont rochellesurrounded by mountainsone night staywine farmlittle gem
Reviewed 30 December 2016

We enjoyed our stay at the backpackers. The location is great, the cabins are beautiful. Not very clean though. Ours was ok, but our neighbours' was not. Wifi was broken. We were just informed on that, when we arrived. The way the girl told us, made me think it would never be fixed. If you do not have wifi, do not advertize wifi please. And charge less. Or if you do, fix it. The hosts were very friendly people. The place leaves me with mixed feelings. It has such potential, but needs more effort I am afraid.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Exactly the kind of getaway we were looking for, close enough to walk into Franschhoek if you want to, but far enough away to relax with nature around you. A little rustic gem surrounded by vineyards. Will definitely revisit.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Very nice accomodation in an large garden. The Rooms are basic but clean and the kitchen/livingroom is just vey nice. Its worth the price and very good for a short stay in franschoek. i recommend it and would go there again.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Great location with very warmfull and open staff.One point that could be better: we stayed for 2 weeks but the room was not cleaned during that time. All the rest was perfect and we definitly will return.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank simonsI669PY
Reviewed 11 December 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Otter's Bend. The site was great, so peaceful & calm. I loved all the fruit & veg growing around & that you could just wander all around & nibble the goods! Mary & Mark were fabulous hosts, really went above & beyond to help me with my travelling arrangements. You certainly feel part of the family & not just a paying guest.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo