“A gastronomical delight”
Review of Marigold

Marigold
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Incredible flavors, relaxing atmosphere and stunning service sum up a wonderful lunch at this Indian gem in Franschhoek.
The menu is exceptional and gives one a real opportunity to explore some interesting Indian dishes and flavors.
Our welcome and setting made for the start of a great lunch - a wonderful mix of different poppadums with lime atcha and yogurt/mint dips awaited us at the table - delicious
In order to really experience the multiple flavors we chose 4 different starters and 4 different mains (there were 5 of us) - everything was outstanding - mouthwatering tastes and flavors - it was gastronomical to say the least - so much so that we extended ourselves to order 2 deserts as well - again we weren't disappointed
Service was exceptional (Terrance was great, as was everyone who engaged with us)
The wine list was simple, covering all palates
Ambiance was great - simple and tastefully decorated, very relaxing
Highly recommend- up there as one of the finest Indian dining experiences
Will most definitely be back

Hayley K, Public Relations and Marketing at Marigold, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

The team and I were thrilled to read your wonderful review of Marigold and delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We lived in India for 3 years and were delighted to find Marigold serves the most delicious Authentic Indian food I have yet to enjoy in Cape Town.
Service was brilliant and the host Clement went out of his was to ensure our experience was brilliant. Definitely my new favourite resturant, we will be back again.

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of Marigold. I have passed your comments on to the team and we are delighted we were able to give you such an authentic experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We love Indian Food and this place goes down as one of our favorites. Good wine selection and very good service. The tandoori plate and butter chicken was our choice and we loved it.

Hayley K, Public Relations and Marketing at Marigold, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

The team and I were delighted to read you review of Marigold and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We went on a cold night in June, The staff were very friendly and showed us to our seats next to the centrally located fireplace. Really Nice decor. We then proceeded to order starters as well as our mains. I can say that the starters and the mains were both fantastic. The service was excellent and the wine list had excellent selection, especially with unique wines that should pair amazingly with the spicy Indian food, (ie, Cederberg Bukettraube, and Raats Cabernet Franc).

Well now I must unfortunately comment on the only negative. It is to do a little with price ( I think I am getting poorer). We felt it was a little bit expensive. Especially if you order an expensive main and then you have to spend extra to order Naan and Rice for the table. Even our local cheap and nasty Chinese place includes rice with your order. I am sure that Marigold can include the appropriate accompaniments with your orders. Other than that It was good, I will go back that is for sure. So I can recommend you give Marigold a try.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I have passed your comments on to the team who were delighted to receive them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We enjoyed this Indian restaurant in the hart of Franscehoek, the staff shows real respect and awe for the owner of Leeu-Collections. The wine list included good affordable wines along side the "big" wines. We really felt privileged as the newly appointed group wine sommelier visited our table and shared some of his wine knowledge.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marigold.