“The best jbay surf experience you could wish for!”

Surf-Jbay Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: SurfJBAY is a surf school / sandboarding activity center based in Jeffrey's Bay. We offer beginner surf lessons for those who would like to experience surfing for the first time. Our surf coaches are very experienced surfers that are internationally qualified and very helpful and friendly. We do not believe in doing massive groups at a time as we feel everybody should be helped equally to get the most out of your first time surfing. Our lessons are personalized fun and safe. We offer free GoPro photos for beginners and free video analysis for our intermediate surfers. If you are a good surfer and do not require surfing lessons, our sandboarding is the next best thing to do in Jbay, with fast dunes and top of the range equipment to get you cruising down the thrilling slopes of Paradise beach.
Reviewed 28 March 2015

So I arrived at Jbay not knowing what to expect and where to go surfing being an intermediate surfer. After calling Surf Jbay I was in the water before I knew it surfing the point with my surf guide Dane. Hè exactly knows where to pass the keyholes and gives you a lot of tips in the water. Hè even got the gopro with him shooting pictures in the water. The waves were perfect and we surfed untill we could not paddle anymore. Can it get anymore classic than this? All this for a very reasonable price! My wife got lessons in the afternoon at main beach from Edwin and had a blast. Thanks Dane and Edwin for the experience, thumbs up, next time we will be definitely staying longer! Thanks Hugo, Leah and Noah

Reviewed 15 October 2014

We had booked a 2 hour surf lesson for this afternoon via the company's website. However no one from the company showed up at the designated meeting point and when we called the instructors mobile it went straight through to voicemail. So no surfing and our trip to Jeffery's Bay was wasted. Sad times!!! o(

3  Thank intjcurt
Dane M, Owner at Surf-Jbay Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Hi

I would like to give my sincere apologies for you not getting an opportunity to do a surf lesson here in Jbay. If you guys are ever in town again, i will happily comp you and your partner/friends a free surfing lesson and some board and wetsuit hire to make up for it.

I had a busy day with sandboarding and as you only made a booking at midnight the night before, I failed to receive your booking notification before my first morning lesson the following day. In the afternoon i was in the sand dunes doing a sandboarding trip where the reception is dismal therefore not being able to receive your call.

Apologies again for the miss communication.

Regards,

Dane
Surf-Jbay

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went to JBay with my wife and could not leave without catching some JBay's famous rights. As I did not want to surf alone (despite being an intermediate surfer), I looked for someone to guide me through and also give some hints on how to better my skills.
Dane is a great partner and he will not only be in the water with you, but also point out the best peak to score the longest right of your life. He's very skilled and does Surf Camps all the time
If you are looking for some who really knows Jeffreys and can also improve your surf, Dane is your guy

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I spent more than a week in November with Dane and it was the best training session ever! Dane is all time with you in the water and this makes it to a perfect and safe experience.
His knowledge about surfing helped me to impove my surfing a lot.
He is doing some filming to show you afterwards what you did wrong and right. So you can easily work on your bad basics and I had a lot of them.

All of the sudden I can say that it is absolut worth it to join him at Jeffreys Bay. We hang out together and had lots of fun.

I really have to thank you Dane for all the exeriences what I got in the last couple of weeks.
I felt comfortable, welcome and a bit as home as well.

I will come back for sure........

Cheers,