The hotel is nice...it's Wildwood, so I'm not going to say it's the Four Seasons...but it's perfectly nice. The real advantage is the location.
We usually go with 2 or 3 families...the kids always have enough to do, and the parents are able to relax. Shuffleboard, ping pong, a few arcade games and pool are all in the hotel, in good shape, and and accessible. Rooms have various configurations to fit your need (we've seen a few variations...probably not all). Rooms have a kitchenette, so you can hit the grocery store (Shop Rite just off the parkway is our choice) and keep some basic snacks and basics in the room. Beds are comfortable...even sofa bed is serviceable. Cable is good, WiFi is spotty, but they've gotten better. Parking is tight...but that's pretty standard for all the hotels in the area. They do a decent job with service, and the rooms are cleaned quite well.
The location is great, though. Beach is right there...ball field next door...basketball court on the next block. Fairly private public playground a few blocks away. walking distance to the boardwalk (but not so close as to catch any noisy overflow). Bike rentals are super close (again, not too close). 2 ice cream places within a few blocks...and a very short drive to some of the nicer restaurants in town. The peirs are a 5 minute drive (give or take)...or take the tram (10 minute walk to the end of the tram line).
We've been taking our kids there for years...literally from when the kids were infants all the way to their late teens. There's always stuff to do...very few "I'm bored"s over the years. It's changed over the year, but the basics are the same. Pool, beach, bikes, soccer, frisbee, touch football, or plain ol' catch in the park (little kid catch turned into serious BPs over the years).
The hotel on its own...solid 3-stars. The location...a confident 5-stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort is located directly on the beach in beautiful Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Here you will find the cleanest, whitest expanse of sandy beaches on the entire East Coast. There is surfing and water sports nearby and we boast the best amusement boardwalk on the coast featuring Morey's Amusement Piers and Water Parks within walking distance. Our 40+ year reputation is a benchmark in cleanliness and hospitality. We look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crusader Oceanfront Family Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Crusader Oceanfront Family Hotel