“Delicious Food in Island Resort Setting”

Coastal Blue Oceanside Bar & Grill
Price range: USD 12 - USD 40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Coastal Blue is an upscale-casual eatery. The seaside chic restaurant offers tastemakers a unique dining experience featuring culinary delights with a local flair only the south Jersey shore can claim. Our thoughtfully crafted breakfast, lunch and dinner menus often rely on locally sourced products for creations using fresh seafood, Angus beef, summer fruits and greens. Enjoy a creative culinary excursion with a twist on traditional comfort food and contemporary cuisine. Our fully stocked bar and electric signature cocktails will truly create the Aloha experience. Whether feasting inside the airy dining room or enjoying a refreshing cocktail at our outdoor bar, Coastal Blue offers a sweet finish few restaurants can match: a view of stunning Diamond Beach. During the cozy season we're now open 3:00 - 9:00 pm Mon-Thurs for Happy Hour & Light Bites! Enjoy the Dinner menu Friday & Saturday night & Breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning. Full hours coming this Summer!
Reviewed 11 July 2018

The Coastal Blue is the on site full-service restaurant of the ICONA hotel at Diamond Beach in Wildwood Crest. The restaurant was decorated to make you feel like you are at an island resort. It offers eating space inside and outside the hotel.

The indoor section was beautifully decorated with simulated tree branches in the ceiling and walls. Tables offer a combination of padded bench chairs and rattan patio chairs. The outside section is located next to the pool and consists of simple tables with umbrellas and a canopy overhead for additional shade.

During our stay at the ICONA hotel we had breakfast in the indoor section (on a windy day) and lunch in the outdoor section. Our meals were very good. My breakfast was scrambled eggs mixed with spicy, diced sausage, home fried potatoes (cut in little cubes) and wheat toast. It was delicious. The sausages were spicy the way I like them. Even the home fries – something that is rarely my favorite food to eat - were good.. They were crunchy, like small french fries. My wife had a large waffle which she really liked. For lunch I had a delicious crab cake sandwich with french fries. The crab cakes were very meaty and delicious. My wife had the breaded chicken wings which she also thought were good. The service was pleasant and professional

In additional to the Coastal the ICONA also has a second eatery, the Star beach bar which offers nightly entertainment, food (quick bites like pizza, wraps and wings) and drinks.

Be warned when eating outdoors at the Coastal Blue or the Star at ICONA. The seagulls in the area are pleasant to look at and listen to but we witnessed them dive bombing tables for food.. We had seen a brazen sea gull pick food off a table from a kid while the whole family was siting at the table. Another time one landed on a table to eat someone’s leftovers and was chased away by the waitress

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Cool poolside bar, excellent food, i had the wings and the crispy tuna roll which I would definetly get again.

1  Thank Gregory M
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I got to the restaurant before the rest of my friends and decided to sit at the bar. I do not normally write reviews but I feel the need to give credit where credit is due.
I am beyond impressed with how well the staff managed to keep their composure with the amount of people they were serving. Even with the crowd, I was greeted with a smile from the bartender and had a beer in what seemed to be seconds. I spoke with the supervisor Nicollette and commented on how it was my first time at the restaurant and was waiting for friends. She was extremely polite, let me know if there was anything I needed I shouldn’t hesitate to ask. My steak was good, drinks were good and overall I had a great experience. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I attended Coastal Blue a few days ago. It was extremely busy but both our waitress and the manager Nicolette made sure that our stay was a pleasurable one. Nicolette checked in with us on multiple occasions even though it was clear that she had many other guests to attend to as well. It was obvious that she and our waitress were working very hard throughout the night and therefore my boyfriend and I were not disappointed with the long wait time. Good job staff!

10/10 service! And great food! Would definitely recommend the chicken Milanese!

1  Thank Alexis W
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant. Alex was a great server and he was very professional and even gave us a complimentary appetizer. Atmosphere is nice and food is great.

1  Thank Jeff B