“Good drinks & appetizer ”

Coastal Blue Oceanside Bar & Grill
Price range: USD 12 - USD 40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Coastal Blue is an upscale-casual eatery. The seaside chic restaurant offers tastemakers a unique dining experience featuring culinary delights with a local flair only the south Jersey shore can claim. Our thoughtfully crafted breakfast, lunch and dinner menus often rely on locally sourced products for creations using fresh seafood, Angus beef, summer fruits and greens. Enjoy a creative culinary excursion with a twist on traditional comfort food and contemporary cuisine. Our fully stocked bar and electric signature cocktails will truly create the Aloha experience. Whether feasting inside the airy dining room or enjoying a refreshing cocktail at our outdoor bar, Coastal Blue offers a sweet finish few restaurants can match: a view of stunning Diamond Beach. During the cozy season we're now open 3:00 - 9:00 pm Mon-Thurs for Happy Hour & Light Bites! Enjoy the Dinner menu Friday & Saturday night & Breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning. Full hours coming this Summer!
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Nice location & outdoor dining was very refreshing, but the main course was not fine dining. I had the crab cakes & they were slightly fishy. The other adult in my party had the scallops & they were chewy. The burrata appetizer was very good & the blood orange cocktail was yummy. The service was excellent & there were plenty of staff around to help. Check it out, but skip the entrees.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We were very excited to have reservations outside for our vacation. Once we arrived 7 of us were seated at a table for 4 (6 max if you put chairs on the end). I already knew the menu and knew we would be here for awhile and for the money we were spending we wanted to be comfortable. They were able to move us to a table inside which was kind of a disappointment being we were looking forward to sitting outside and made reservations for outside. We order our drinks and one comes with a bug in it, not big deal they bring us a new one. We order our food and order two filet mignons. One was ordered medium well and we were told it would take 40 minutes for medium well so we wait and wait. Finally 6 or our 7 meals come but the medium well filet comes before the medium filet with no explanation. Once the waiter comes back I ask about it and he tells us another waiter took his filet and gave it to another table!! We get our bill and management did not comp anything off of our bill or even offer a drink or dessert on the house. The excuse was it was a holiday weekend. I grew up in the hospitatlity business and a good manager would try to make us want to come back. Also, we wanted to split the bill with two credit cards and put the tip on the cards and were told we could only put the total of the bill on the cards and the tip would have to be cash??

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Just had a fabulous meal at Coastal Blue Restaurant in the Icona Hotel in Wildwood Crest. What made it even better was the extraordinary service we received from our waiter, Alex! He was friendly, knowledgeable, and made suggestions for two great dishes. A great outdoor dining experience!

Diana & John from Long Island

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

After a long drive and a few hours on the beach we were hungry. My husband found coastal blue on trip advisor and I called ahead to see how long wait was. No wait for outside seating 40 min for indoor. We decided to sit outside and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Service was great- however they were out of specials at 8pm. My husband had pork belly, it came with the best pickled beets!!! He also had tilefish which he said was also delicious. My chicken Milanese was a little salty but so yummy! My mother in law had a house salad with chicken, greens were fresh and she enjoyed the grilled chicken. It was a good meal and for it being a holiday weekend I was surprised to be able to get seated so quickly!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner tonight. Everyone at the restaurant was nice, especially Danny our waiter. We ordered a round of drinks while we waited for our appetizers. Two of us had the Icona salad that was very good; others had the burrata that was equally as good. For dinner we had the filet, chicken Marsala and chicken Milanese. I asked for steamed vegetables. They were very accommodating. They were gladly willing to make any changes we wanted. All dinners were excellent. Very nice experience and very pleased with our evening.