All reviews continental breakfast across the street no smoking policy next year non smoking several years bike rental ocean view bike path cleaning staff year after year clean hotel the grill the jersey shore home away from home short walk to the beach off season
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We stayed during Firemen's Convention weekend and had a great room on 6th floor. The hotel is clean, reasonably priced and in great location. Easy access to the beach with parks and local playground. The staff was helpful and friendly. Our view of the ocean was wonderful - as I believe most rooms have ocean view. Be sure to ask when making reservation. We plan on staying again!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the type room you're looking for. They were most helpful with our reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Room 413. At check-in the lady asked me if we brought a blow dryer. We didn't so she gave us a wall mount hair dryer to use. Upon entering, there was a pull out sofa, table and chairs, dresser with a TV on it. I was happy that it wasn't a heat wave outside because the outer room isn't air conditioned. So it's pretty warm in that part of the unit. There's a ceiling fan that is turned on by a switch on the wall. The light bulbs on the fan were unscrewed because the switch turns everything ( fan & light) on or off. This room has a regular size fridge, kitchen sink, 2 stove burners, a coffee maker but no coffee. We asked the lady at the front desk for coffee and it's not included because there's coffee served at the free breakfast offered daily from 7-9 am. She would sell us some though. We declined. Had I known that I would have brought my Keurig mini and my friend would have brought her tea. Grrr. The bedroom was small and contained 2 beds, night stand, TV on a dresser and a clothing rack. The AC unit was located on the wall just below the ceiling and was not convenient to operate. I had to stand on bed to operate it. There was not enough room to put our suitcases in the bedroom so we had to put them in the outer room on chairs. No luggage racks were provided. Bathroom was very small and dated with a blue sink, toilet and scratched toilet seat. Tub had hair in it and wasn't cleaned thoroughly. Both sink and tub faucets had a soap film on them. Water pressure in shower was low and water temp was inconsistent. I stayed at the Lotus a few years ago and this room was a letdown from the previous (smaller) room in which I stayed. There's a shared balcony with 2 clean chairs and a small table with a view of the town and a bit of an ocean view. There are no 'do not disturb' or 'service room' signs or indicators provided.

The free breakfast consisted of cold cereal, oatmeal packets, bagels, breads, doughnuts, coffee, tea, juice, etc. Unfortunately there was no protein. We got coffee then ate breakfast elsewhere.
If I would stay here again, I would request the same type of room that I had a few years earlier.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Well, we had another lovely week at our "home at the shore". The staff here is to be treasured. Lori, Judy, and Iwona (pronounced Evonna) in the office go the extra mile to accommodate special needs. This hotel is impeccably clean thanks to a devoted, courteous staff. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Kitchenettes are fully stocked with essentials including a microwave and full-size fridge. It is 100% smoke/vapor free. The pool is very clean. They have a game room and a sundeck separate from the pool area with tables and lounge chairs for those who like to lounge and read. The beach is across the street. The price is just right. We love it here. You will, too. Thanks again to all of the Lotus Family for a lovely vacation.

Room Tip: The B-2 rooms on the 4th and 5th floors but there is an ocean view from nearly every room. The penthouse on the 6th floor is lovely too.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Owned and operated by family. Very sweet people, very clean, family place!! Close to the beach, free continental breakfast, very nice, free ice and wifi definite return for next year. My grandkids made friends. They have umbrellas, carts all to rent right in their lobby

Room Tip: less than 10 miles to cape may
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The staff was outstanding. Previously we stayed at a hotel a few blocks away. Two years ago, we couldn't get a last minute reservations so we went to Lotus. We were so delighted with the price and the accommodations that we decided the Lotus Inn is where we will go from now on. You can see the ocean from your dining area as well as the chairs outside your room. The pool is very clean and heated!! If you want to cook on your vacation, they have some grills and a little kitchenette in the room. We prefer to eat out. In each room, they provide a book of local restaurants in the area. They provide the little things that makes a huge difference!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple