All reviews continental breakfast across the street no smoking policy next year non smoking several years bike rental ocean view in season centennial park bike path a wonderful vacation year after year cleaning staff the jersey shore clean hotel the grill
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We planned my grandson's 1st trip to the beach & when we saw all the reviews for the Lotus Inn, we thought it would be a nice family place. Was a little concerned with all the rules even before we checked in, thinking I could "overlook" them all, --how long would we actually be in the room????--Come on now, heated pool, don't think so, pool closing @6pm??---Staff made a comment when my grandson was playing in the pool, they thought he was too loud. I said if the pool was warmer may-be he might now have yelled so loud! The Continental breakfast OK, but only between 7 & 9am. Sorry I'm on vacation don't feel like RUNNING down for a bagel. The hotel was average priced, certainly needed a little updating, rooms adaquate, asked for a king bed & was given a double bed, which was available at the time. Next time my family will pay a little extra for a better class hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
lotusinn, owner at Lotus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2009

Response from Management:

I truly regret that the family from Clark Summit, PA wrote the above account on their stay during 9/3-9/4/09. As in all situations, there are two sides to every story. We are a very clean, quiet, family motel and we have thousands of families and couples stay with us each year. We maintain this atmosphere so that everyone can enjoy their vacation. Our pool is maintained at a constant 80 degree temperature with the proper amount of chlorine monitored with a regulator to foster a healthy pool. This is important because an improper amount of chlorine can cause eye burning and overheating could cause a pool to “go septic”. During their stay, one of the children was constantly screaming very loudly at the pool. Before this would become disruptive or annoying to any other guest, to address this, one of our office staff kindly went out and asked if everything was ok. Even though our question was very respectful, they must have disliked the fact that we checked on things. We are not apologetic about this. We will continue to maintain strategies that contribute to running a well organized, relaxed, family motel and ready to assist in making everyone’s stay enjoyable.

As far as the continental breakfast is concerned, to set the record straight, we are one of the only places in this area that offer a Complimentary Continental Breakfast for our guests which includes: freshly made regular & decaf coffee, tea, Ginsburg bagels, 2 types of toast, raisin bread, 4 types of cereals, hot oatmeal varieties, 5 types of bagels, and fresh squeezed, not concentrated, orange juice and the ability to take the breakfast to your room during the hours of 7-9am. Although we do not have a restaurant (generally, motels with coffee shops do not give continental breakfast), guests have commented that our continental breakfast is well done. For those wishing to sleep a little later, the option is always open to go to one of the local restaurants for breakfast and we are happy to help them with directions.

To clarify the type of room and bedding the guest received, the guest told us when they reserved on 8/9/09 that one of the rooms needed to be handicapped accessible. Although we do have rooms with king beds, they were told at that time that the handicap accessible rooms come with 2 double beds. We are gave them exactly what was quoted and reserved over the phone.

The Lotus Inn is committed to providing exemplary guest service and accommodations and utilizes a proactive strategy in room cleanliness, building maintenance and a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. In addition, our resort management and staff are always available and happy to address guests’ needs as they arise in order to do everything in our power to ensure that each stay with us is an enjoyable one.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Lori Stambaugh
Owner & General Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2009

This hotel was disgusting. I found hairs in my bed and on the floor in the bathroom. The bed was wet in my room from the humidity and had a horrible odor. They upgraded my room however after I returned home, I found out they charged me extra since they had my credit card number on file. I did get my money back after filing a claim, but they are crooks at this dirty motel. Pool closes early too. If I could give it less than 1 star I would.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank nessa3838
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My husband I stayed at the Lotus Inn in Wildwood Crest, NJ from August 11, 2009 to August 16, 2009.

While most motels/hotels in Wildwood are "the same" as far as age and style - the Lotus Inn stands out far in comparison to some of the others we have experienced.

The motel is extremely clean and the workers are always trying to maintain the areas. We had a room with a king bed which was very very large;I could not believe the space. The bathroom was standard in size and what would be expected but clean.

The pool area was large and always clean. They have a hotdog barbecue one day for everyone.

The motel is is right across the street from the beach with a trolly stop in front to get to the boardwalk. There is plenty of parking on site but for those who are "fussy" about their vehicles, there is convenient off street parking that is very safe.

The staff is very accomodating and will help with any request that is made. Our room was ready upon arrival and we were happy to be able to get settled early and start our vacation.

It is worth the time to visit their web site and see for yourself what it is like - and what you see is really what you get - you will not be disappointed. I will definitely go back. We had a room on the 4th floor and the views of the ocean and all surrounding areas were great

Reviewed 23 August 2009

This was our first time at the Jersey shore and we didn't know what to expect in the area - or at the hotel. Had planned to stay there last year and had to cancel because of surgery. The first thing they asked when we arrived was "how are you feeling?" We were so pleasantly surprised at the daily cleanliness. When we returned to our room each day, we couldn't get over how spotless it was. Even the plastic chairs on the balcony were wiped down. We couldn't get over how quiet it was during the evening and night. They close the pool at 6:00 and play a complimentary family movie at 8:00 which I'm sure encourages families to get the kiddies to settle down. There were a lot of children during our week there but we never heard them once it was quiet time. Lori, the owner, Charolotte and Judy in the office were wonderful. We especially loved Judy who gave us the best info. since it was our first time vacationing there. They were extremely busy but never so much as not to have a ready smile and a "how can we help you?" attitude!
The location to the beach, boardwalk, & Cape May was ideal. We will definitely return for another vacation and for sure will choose The Lotus Inn again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Clean and quiet family hotel. They offer a Management Team that cares and works hard to keep the property looking as great as it does. The continental breakfast is a great way to start the day.
We traveled with our three children and found the property to suit our needs. Cleanliness was priority one and with that said everything else was secondary. Prior to booking we searched numerous properties and sorted through previous visitor reviews. The Lotus Inn was as described on their site. The room was spotless and when you think of how many visitors travel to Wildwood you know the owners have to care to keep it looking great! Give them a call you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family