“Best Crab Cakes”
Review of Crest Tavern

Crest Tavern
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Description: The restaurant is open for lunch, dinner and late night snacks seven days a week. The Crest Tavern also offers a full service liquor store.
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Best crab cakes in the crest. Extensive variety of beer. Good service, outdoor screened seating. Sunday's say hi to Tommy your entertainment.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

4 of us stopped in for an early dinner to beat the crowds on a Monday night. The grouper rueben was fantastic, mussels in garlic sauce enough to share. The enforcer burger topped with egg, my friend really enjoyed. We all enjoyed the parmesan rosemary fries, a good size basket. I got to keep the signature glass from my blueberry moonshine with lemonade drink- definitely recommend! We ate in bar, and the service was great.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

its my 25th year in a row going there and there is really not much to say but you have to try it. The food is great and abundant.
The prices are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. What else can I say.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We go the the shore about 10 times a year and always include the Crest Tavern when it comes to a dining selection. At the Tavern,menu selections include typical pub food, meat and seafood entrees and some tasty seasonal and shore-like creations. The food is always fresh and delicious and the drinks are made to perfection with that little extra, like serving the beer with it's proper glass, adding the proper garnish in the drink, or serving a glass of ice with cider. The dining experience is all tied together with attentive, friendly, and professional service --special shout out to Tim and Bob behind the bar, Linda our always smiling server, and Melissa that utility baseball player type, who fills in perfectly at any needed position. Over the years we have tried many restaurants in the Wildwoods and Cape May but have always come back to the Crest tavern and have made it our must stop.
Our typical evening will consist of the following: We always start our evening with a dirty Absolut martini served up in a chilled glass with the rocks on the side. That's followed by Yuengling Lager for me and Miller Lite for my wife to sip with beautifully shucked clams served on ice with cocktail sauce and lemons. Then it's off to White Allagash for me and hard cider for my wife to pair with her entree selection. My wife usually chooses Tex Mex Pizza, however sometimes she is a Roast Beef Supreme or Steak Salad fan, and I usually select Crab Portabella however I was hooked on the Mardi Gras Shrimp for a long while. The nightly specials also come into play like Seafood Fra Diablo and fantastic Oktoberfest food like pork and sauerkraut. Also, we always have a cup of the best Manhattan clam chowder this side of Manhattan. Additional beer selections are dependent on involvement in the game on TV or conversations.
The Crest Tavern never disappoints and the shore would not be the shore without Fitzpatrick's Crest Tavern. Thank you Tim, see you soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

My granddaughter and I went to the Crest Tavern to grab something quick to eat for dinner before heading up to the Boardwalk. There was a line outside, but because we chose to sit in the front section, which is an enclosed porch with a small bar, we were able to be seated immediately. The menu offers good choices, the wait staff was crazy-busy, and the food was okay. Our waitress was fabulous, and paid enough attention to us that we were able to get in and out in a very reasonable period of time.....a huge bonus for 6:30 pm on a Saturday night in the Crest!