“Prison has better quality ”
Review of Bonito Motel

Bonito Motel
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very poorly managed, flithy and discusting. The "owner or manager" was non existent our whole stay. The amenities were very little, "ice and coffee". They allow everyone to smoke wherever the want, I had two children under 5 in the room who constantly was coughing from other hotel guest cigarette smoke right in front of our room, the pool and other commons areas. When booking the hotel said only dogs under 25lbs were permitted and there were plently of larger dogs over the limit on the premises. The room door was very unsecure, there was a dead bolt present of the outside of the door but no actual lock in the room. When I adressed my conserns with the front desk I was told "I will make a note of it" The worst part of it all is my toddler son became ill from the uncleanliness of this dump, I knew we didn't book the Hilton but I have seen portapotties cleaner then this motel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2017

my husband and i and three of our children stayed there two weeks ago and we loved it the whole staff was very nice,helpful and friendly it is in the perfect location. it was very clean the only issue we had was there wasn't very good water pressure in shower or a plug so i could give my young daughter a bath.other than that we LOVED it and will stay there everytime we go to wildwood we only paid about 120 a night with booking .com and thath was in july you are awesome Bonito hotel thanks for making our stay that much better Sincerely Suzanne Donahue

Room Tip: our room was on the ground level right near the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We chose this motel because it was super close to the best part of the Wildwood Boardwalk, had a decent pool, allowed us to bring our cat (extra $20/night), and we were able to get a two-room suite with a mini-kitchen for a pretty good price. The clientele was pretty typical for the Jersey Shore, lots of smokers unfortunately and room entrances are from the outside, so there was no way to avoid them. Considering that it's an older property with lots of smokers and pets everywhere, I guess the odor wasn't too terrible -- air freshener helped. Everything was pretty old, but in working order. The light in the bathroom was extremely loud but we just tried not to turn it on very often. There was no shampoo or conditioner in the shower, and the shower itself wasn't great, but ultimately, it washed the sand and sunscreen off. Free wifi and free parking as advertised, no problems with either one. The kitchen was not stocked, but after our first day there, we noticed the sign that said if you wanted cookware or dishware, go to the front desk. The front desk staff was very helpful especially when we asked if we could stay an extra night they went out of their way to accommodate us. We had a fantastic vacation and would go again. If you are choosy about everything being real clean, nice-looking, or quiet, you'll have to go elsewhere and probably pay quite a bit more. If good enough is good enough, and you just want to have a great time on the beach and boardwalk, stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This motel is less than to be desired. No hot water, bathroom repulsive, rooms completely disgusting. I had a kitchen and the sink would not drain and "burners" were covered in foil. One air conditioner in the back bedroom so couldn't close the door without causing the main room with bed and broken pull out couch to turn into a sauna. Every dredge of society was a guest. Prostitutes drugs and all.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauralee B
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying.....this was my first long vacation with just me and my 4 year old daughter (my mother did stay for a few days) .....I didn't read reviews till after I booked our stay and let me tell you the reviews made me incredibly nervous...... upon arrival we were able to check in early, which I was surprised about...... they gave us kitchen supplies for our kitchenette In our room and everything was either brand new or in perfect condition.......we got to the room and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting....the room was a good size..... only complaints were there was no tv in the second bedroom (which they are working on) and the air conditioner is in the back room so you have to have it real low for the front room to get cold.....the bathroom ceiling above the shower had black mold which I told front desk and they had someone come take care of it right away.... the bathroom is outdated and the bathroom sink is horrible, but other than that everything was great..... beds are comfy and we got maid service every single day....the pools are clean and there are 2 of them.......I read reviews about constant teenage parties and the smell of weed, let me tell you the first 2 nights there was not a bit of noise outside, but when the weekend hit, it was a lot noisier and we did smell weed.... but that is not the hotels fault, so I can't count that against them...... overall I'm glad we stayed here and I would def stay here again for another vacation....The hotel is under new management and they are trying to get this place in better shape, it takes time but for me I had nothing but a wonderful experience here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family