“Absolutely AMAZING; Fabulous! ! !”

HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Syracuse, New York
“Absolutely AMAZING; Fabulous! ! !”
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Wow, what a steal at $79 a night! Unbelievable! We had a King BR SUITE for two nights. Flat screen tv w. HD in the LR! Suite was fully functional. The full breakfast was outstanding!

My only complaint would be that the housekeeping girls are "big mouths" at 9 AM on a weekend morning; yapping it up in the hallways. Guess they don't think that anyone might want to sleep in on a VACATION weekend morning.

As far as finding the place, read my Tip.

• Liked — EVERYTHING: Price #1, Value, Excellent High-Speed Internet Access, free Breakfast, Front Desk staff, QUIET location
  • Disliked — NOISY Housekeeping staff on Sat. & Sun. mornings: UNACCEPTABLE!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2008

SERVICE: If you are thinking about booking a block in this hotel wedding guests, THINK AGAIN. I was recommended this hotel by my wedding reception venue because it offered a complimentary shuttle service to and from the reception. I had 61 guests staying at this hotel and mostly everyone had problems... Where should I begin? Well, it was my wedding night and when my husband and I returned to the hotel, they first told us that their "system was down" and they couldn't give us a room until the system was back up and running. It was already 1:30 a.m. and we were exhausted. Finally after a half hour of waiting (in the lobby in my wedding dress), my husband returned to the front desk asking about our room. The system was back up BUT they didn't have a room for us! They were trying to tell us that my parents had checked into our room so we would have to make them come down to the lobby and check into a different room (this was a complete lie!). Due to it being after 2 am, we didn't even attempt to contact my parents about this... They were refusing to give us a room. After some time arguing, they finally gave us a room which wasn't until 2:30 am. The employees here were very unprofession and not at all accomodating.

ROOMS: The rooms here were very roomy and clean. The kitchen has an oven, frige, and a microwave. The couches in the one bedrooms also have a pull out couch. The only thing wrong was that after using your key once, it didn't work again. I had guests coming down to the front desk after the wedding because they couldn't get into their room. The next morning, my husband and I attempted to go to the breakfast (but they cut it off at 10am on the dot) and when we returned to our room, our key didn't work. My husband asked one of the maids to use her key to get us into our room and she gave him her key - she didn't even ask for identifcation!

SHUTTLE: I had 3 shuttles to and from the reception. One of the shuttles was operated by a man from Indiana (supposedly) and he ended up turning the opposite way on the highway and the shuttle was going towards oncoming traffic. There was a husband, wife, and their two young daughters in this shuttle. When told to turn the other way, the driver accused our friend of threatening him! The police were called and the hotel didn't seem to care what so ever that this man almost killed a family.

I do not reccomend this hotel if you are trying to accommodate guests from out of town (or if it is your wedding night).

• Liked — Cleaniless of Rooms
  • Disliked — Service, Shuttles, and Room Entry
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank LouLou42NewJersey
Worcestershire, UK
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Clean, comfortable suites, free breakfast, free food some weekdays, free WiFi, free pool, free gym, convenient location, friendly, helpful staff, well done you guys at Hyatt.

• Liked — The complete package, at a really good price.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 11 June 2008

My fiance and two of our friends stayed at Hyatt Summerfield for two nights during our trip to NYC. We all loved it. We booked a two bedroom suite and each couple had their own room and bathroom. There is also a living room and a really nice kitchen. The breakfast in the morning was really nice. Eggs, cereals, pastries, bagels and some other things were available. When something ran out it was refreshed again. The only problem we had was finding it. I guess because it was new it wasn't in our GPS and the Mapquest directions didnt help much either. We eventually found it after a little while. Other than that we had a wonderful stay.

• Liked — The spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Hard to find
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
NY
Reviewed 18 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel for three days. I was amazed at how great it was. Priceline has it listed as a two and a half star hotel, but it is really at least a 3 star. The mattresses were new and very comfortable. I check for bedbugs at every hotel I stay at, and I did not find any here. (Note, I read online that the morristown hyatt has, so I was glad that this one does not.) There's a full kitchen, with an oven, fridge, sink, dishwasher, and microwave. Unlike the other reviewer here, I found that the air conditioner worked quite well, and I had to turn it off since the room got too cold if I left it on too long. There is an adjustable thermstat in the room , but I did not know how to operate it. The closet has an iron and ironing board. I cant comment on the hotel service, since I did not need to ask them for anything. (Though that in itself is a good thing.) The complementary breakfast was ok. Not the best, but definitely adequate.
As far as the location, it can be confusing, since the area has 3 different roads called ridgedale ave. Look for North ridgedale. If you get off of 287 south, head west on route 10 until the first traffic light. Make a right onto that street (which is north ridgedale.) I got lost trying to find it, but I called the hotel and they gave me directions. I would definitely stay here again. As far as the guy who said you have to make three turns to turn left, that's jersey. And it works amazing at reducing traffic. I work in NJ and live in NY. NJ avoids a lot of trafic issues because of the jughandle system.

• Liked — Very nice room/suite
  • Disliked — small hotel lobby
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
3.6 km away
1.2 km away
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!