“ Very very good .... but”
Review of 1958 Cuban Cuisine

1958 Cuban Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
1958 Cuban Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 98 Restaurants in Westfield
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a very early reservation at 530 for 3 ... they sat us at a table for 2...but ok.

Food was excellent - get the beef instead of the salmon for sure - but it was all delicious

Our server was very nice and food came out super quick ...

We ordered coffee and wrapping up
Restaurant got very busy and people were waiting. They came to tell us to leave as they had a reservation. A definite no no .....
I understand that you have to turn over your table but that’s just the risk of managing your clientele..... and we were about to leave.

Nevertheless we will go back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It isn’t like walking through a time warp but it did feel like my mother’s kitchen. Well rather, the food tasted like I was back there. This is a great place that seems to have quickly outgrown itself. We arrived for into a crowded room for our 7:30 reservation and were seated immediately. Service was impeccable and all night the tables turned over with folks still arriving close to 9 o’clock for dinner. Luis Perez, the owner, works the room with sincere greetings and attention to his guests. The food is incredibly and deliciously authentic Cuban. It was the best congri I ever had. The churrasco, palomilla steak, paella and rabo encendido were prepared and presented perfectly. Appetizers were amazing, the Cuban coffee, cafecito, was absolutely real and ideal accompaniment to dulce tres leches cake, flan and churros.

One of my top ten dining experiences. If you haven’t been you gotta go!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Having traveled to Cuba several months ago, my husband and I were intrigued by the opportunity to savor Cuban cuisine close to home. As my husband told the graciousl owner, the food in Westfield was better than many meals that we had on the island. The sweet plantains wrapped in bacon was an A+ starter. The rope viejo ordered by my husband was flavorful and a generous portion, I had a similar opinion of my roast pork. The entrees come with two vegetable sides.The yucca mojo was addictive. Our waiter, Ryan , thoughtfully noticed that some extra mojo sauce and lime wedges might be in order and promptly delivered them. The decor is charming and, fortunately, our table was set apart from the others so we didn’t feel confined. As other reviewers have noted, the decibel level is an issue but not enough to deter a return visit.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We have been going to 1958 for several months initially trying their preopening limited menu of only a few appetizers and entrees -which were very good. They have recently expanded their menu and although the quality of the food is still good, their service is spotty and the decibel level is off the charts- so if you want a quiet conversation this is not the place for you- if you go- do leave room for desserts which are home Made and are quite good.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were driving around craving a good authentic Cuban meal and where did our path take us you ask? To 1958 Cuban Cuisine in Westfield, NJ! The exceptional service and traditional cuban dishes really took us on a journey back to when Abuela cooked in the kitchen. Owners visiting every table making sure all were satisfied made everyone feel welcome as they were at home. What a treat!