“GOOD SICHUAN RESTAURANT”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We miss Chengdu 46.Thought we would try this restaurant...though it has no connection to Chengdu 46.It is in a shopping mall.Attractive inside and our waiter was lovely and very anxious to talk with us about his experiences in USA.We enjoyed the well priced lunch specials.....the soup broth was delicious.Will return.

Kevin L, Owner at Chengdu 23, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you very much Marianne for leaving us this review. Stop in for dinner as well for even more adventures in the menu.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I returned to this place and was pleasantly surprised that the food and the service seemed noticeably better than my first visit.

I enjoyed all my dishes and will definitely return.

Kevin L, Owner at Chengdu 23, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thanks for your review. Please do return as we like to get to know our customers!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Have low expectations and maybe you will like it? I went with my friend with high expectations and it certainly did DISAPPOINT. Peking duck came out cold and they were reluctant to take it back, pancakes were cold too. Brought it back out with like half of the portion missing.

Service is terrible and rushed. They are merely plate carriers and that is it! Servers speak very little English and really could care less if you are enjoying the restaurant or food.

This place is a big ZERO in my opinion.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

My wife and I had a craving for some good chinese food like we used to get at Chengdu 46 but since they closed, we decided to go to Chengdu 23 in Wayne, NJ. That was a mistake. I ordered steamed dumplings which weren't too bad but followed with a heavenly chicken which was a huge serving but also had fat and chewy parts to the chicken so I could only eat a third of the plate. My wife had the peking duck, again able to eat very little due to it's lack of flavor. The end result of the horrific dinner was my wife in the bathroom all night. You can imagine why. We both agreed to never again visit this locale and felt compelled to let others know of the situation.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The service was superb and the food was fresh and flavorful. Will come again. Perfect dinner after a long day of shopping in the willobrook

Been to Chengdu 23? Share your experiences!